cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Amazon Echo and Reward Cards 20th Jan?

Hi, I signed up to BT Halo on 20th Jan and received an email that day. The Amazon Echo didn't arrive - they just told me that it was available from Feb 5th, but I needed to apply via an email they didn't send. (I don't use my Gmail account, I just forward emails from there to Outlook, so I don't delete any emails in Gmail. If the email is not there - they didn't send it.)

Now the man on the phone (150) said they'll take 5 days to think about sending me the email again (which they didn't send the 1st time), and that I'm still eligible for Amazon Echo.

I asked about Reward Cards as I remember some adverts about this at the time, but I'm not sure if I was in the right timeframe for a reward card. Can anyone tell me what was available on January 20th? I thought I was in line for one, but may have just missed out.

It's clear that BT hopes that people won't claim gifts and rewards. I told the man on the phone this is a variety of Fraud as frequently exposed in the Jessica Investigates column in the Telegraph. He said it's not, but that they have to do it this way due to the 14 day cooling off period. But the bottom line is they didn't send out the email to enable me to claim these things.... Please help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Amazon Echo and Reward Cards 20th Jan?

@djwebb1969 

Welcome to this user forum.

There was no reward card for that date.

• From 10.01.20 until 16.01.20 new to BT customers are eligible for a £70 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £90 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.
  • From 03.01.20 until 09.01.20 new to BT customers are eligible for a £40 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £70 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £80 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £100 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.

As for the Amazon Echo offer, what date was your service activated?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

OK, no reward card. The service was activated January 21st. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

If I do what they just told me on the phone and just wait 5 days for the Gifts team to send me the email with details of how to claim Amazon Echo, will they actually send the email? If they do, and it's just  a question of waiting, that's fine. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

You do not normally have to claim for these gifts.

14 days after your service was activated, an order is sent to the BT Shop, who will dispatch your gift within 30 days. You will receive a tracking email so you can track the delivery.

I will request confirmation of this process, as it often changes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

OK thank you, so if the 14 days were up on February 5th, that means early March I could be getting an Amazon Echo. I look forward to that! More as a toy than anything else!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi @djwebb1969,

If you send me your details, I'll be able to check to make sure that the Amazon echo is on the way.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings