cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Amazon Echo

Hi I upgraded to Halo 2 on the 10th Jan and was told that as part of my upgrade I would receive a free Amazon Echo after my 14 day cooling off period. This has now been 21 days and I haven’t received anything yet. When should I expect to receive this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Amazon Echo

@GTO52 

Your order would have been sent to the BT Shop, they can take up to 30 days to dispatch your order. Once they have done that, you will receive an email with a tracking link, which you can use to track the order.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Ok thank you 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Just received an email  saying I’m now not eligible for a free Amazon Echo and that the email was sent in error!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Yep I just recieved this:

"

Hello,
You may have received an email about a free Amazon Echo as part of your broadband renewal. This email was unfortunately sent in error, however your broadband renewal is still in progress and will not be impacted.
We apologise for any confusion this may have caused.
Regards,
The BT team"

What a bunch of...
Should have known getting anything free from BT was incredibly unlikely unless someone's a brand new customer, no such luck for old faithful...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Have been trying to get my FREE Amazon Echo since I signed up in early January.  I expect I'll be told that the email confirming it was a mistake.   How can BT treat its customers like this.   I would love to cancel my contract with them but can't bear the hassle.  Like so many other large corporations, customers are the last thing on their minds - as long as they have your money they are content!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi there @Dreamsong

Yes I've had a bunch of hassle but I do have a lovely BT representative on my case, and bless him he doesn't seem to be stopping hassling the BT Shop on my behalf until I get mine... He says they're currently out of stock but more coming around the end of March. I'm not holding my breath but this guy seems really on the case for me which is quite nice, tho I did hassle them quite a lot before that happened 🙂

Good luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Glad to hear you have hopes of getting your Amazon Echo. I hope you do.   If there genuinely is a problem with stock (which I don't believe - Amazon would send you one by next day delivery!) you would think a company in the communication business would have found a way to let people know??? Terrible service and I so wish I could be bothered to change my provider.   I also think that a lot of people just give up when faced with these problems as they don't have the time or energy to deal with them.  Good Luck to you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

@Dreamsong  Ha yes that's very true, I really don't have the time, energy or inclination to do such things normally, but something grabbed me about this one and I was determined.

I approached it with no malice or agrivation, just a bit of humourous hassling them a bit on here and a "If I ever see this I'll be shocked..." And my determination seems to have paid off but we'll see. The lovely representative keeps cheking in with me tho and says he won't stop or close my complaint until I have it 😄

Woopee.

0 Ratings