cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Amazon Prime Scam

Once again loyalty is penalised by a major corporation. Around two weeks ago, I upgraded to Superfast Fibre Plus with added discs to have full access throughout the house. This morning I watched a BT advert promising free Amazon Prime for a year with this upgrade. I phoned BT to enquire how to get this reward to be told that because I had already upgraded I am not eligible. It really gets my goat how these offers are used as an inducement to attract others to spend more yet existing customers get zilch. Loyalty, it would appear, counts for nothing. The complacency of BT speaks volumes about the uncaring attitude of faceless corporations. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Amazon Prime Scam

this is not a scam just marketing trying to induce new customers and is nothing new   at the time you obviously thought you were getting a good deal but new offers appear all the time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your distinguished sage response. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

not a problem  hindsight is a wonderful thing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Your comment does nothing to dispel my (possibly naive, yet heartfelt) anger at what is just another cynical marketing tactic. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 8

The flip side to the offer is that any new/renew contracts will be subject to CPI increases from today.

Stew

0 Ratings
northshields
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

StewM

That's interesting. I must admit I hadn't noticed that announcement. I wonder if it means that there will no longer be any point in phoning the retentions team at the end of the contract as the answer will always be CPI or nothing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Also, no right to cancel if prices increase while in a contract, without paying cancellation charges.

"If you’re within your minimum term when the prices go up, you can cancel your contract. But there will be a fee for cancelling early. If you’re outside of your contract period you can end your contract at any time without any fees. "

That is going to reduce the number of people changing providers when prices increase.

0 Ratings