cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmadcat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

An open letter to Warren Buckley (Managing director,customer services)

Mr Buckely,

I have left BT because of the way the company treats its customers. I am now with another provider that not only deliver what they promised but more and they are so much cheaper than Bt.

I received your letter dated 19th October threatening to hand my final bill over to a debt collection agency and I do congratulate you on your speedy threatening letter, however my final ebill which is dated 21st October shows that not only do you treat your customers with total disregard you also expect them to be physic and pay the bill before they receive it.

As I have now left the joke that you call a company due to the way that you treat your customers, I was going to pay the final bill and forget all about Bt, but as you have once again shown that BT should not be trading at all as any other company that showed their customers the same amount of disrespect that you have would be out of business full stop.

I am now going to report BT to Ofcom and provide them with all the evidence I have about the way BT has treated me and thousands of other customers with total disregard.

As dealing with my original compliant has taken so much of my time I will be billing BT as appropriate. This bill will be for 18 hrs of my time @ £39.75 per hour a total of £715.50. You have 14 days to pay this bill or I shall hand the case over to a debt collection agency, and you will need to pay additional costs and they might also take legal action against your company. Your credit rating may also be damaged.

Do I put BTs name or yours on the bill. Putting the company name on the bill may cause the company to be put into bankruptcy.

Regards,

Mr madcat.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 20

Re: An open letter to Warren Buckley (Managing director,customer services)

He is hardly likely to get the letter that you are posting here is heSmiley Surprised

We are all customers  here, I am sure you can find an address to post itSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Hi Mrmadcat,

I understand from reading your post that you are unhappy about receiving that letter. I would like to look into the details of your complaint.

Please could you send me in your details using the link found in the "about me" section of my profile?

Thanks

Paddy,

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
grumpybear
Message 4 of 20

so annoyed at a ruined eveing I should like to add another letter that i have just written to BT

having first removed account numbers and reference as required in the forum  rules

...............................................................................................

Dear Sir,

In confirmation of my phone call to your 100 number and conversation to your advisor.

What game is BT playing? Why are you writing lying letters to customers?

All this seems to have started with a cold call from a BT salesman on the phone asking if we intended to change our company in the next 12 months; I told him as far as I knew my wife was happy with the status quo, and this was her department.

He said in this case we could have unlimited evening and weekend calls and the call was recorded.

Up to then we had been happy with BT service, but we are not now and it looks very suspicious:- 

1/ Making a phone call and asking if we are changing.

2/ Writing to a different address from where you send our quarterly bills so we don’t receive it for six weeks.

3/ particularly as your letter not only says we have asked for a change in the service (which we have not). But giving us 7 days to cancel something did not want or ask for, or pay extra charges for something we did not know about, as you wrote to the wrong address.

We were not formerly thinking of changing our phone supplier but we are seriously considering changing now.

Why are you telephoning old age pensioners and recording the conversation, and writing 7 page letters containing the wrong information and to the wrong address – What kind of business are you?

I will be looking into passing this matter on to other quarters, disgusted with your behaviour after the trouble, worry, and waste of time you have caused to my wife and myself.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Hi Grumpybear,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for psting. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you've had with us. I'll be happy to look into this and clear up any issues you might have. Drop me an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
max62
Message 6 of 20

I have a letter typed up to send to Mr Buckley but my printer has broken and need to be able to email him direct. I have tried complaining about my bill through the email complaints procedure, and I have spoken to a couple of departments on the telephone, but so far the issues I have do not appear to have been addressed.

I'm running out of time with this and will shortly be joining another provider if something's not done soon. My letter is probably too long to post here and I very much doubt he will personally see it anyway. I'm sick of calling them up because everyone just passes the buck.

I must contact him and receive a reply by 6th March in order to make a decision on whether to cancel the switch to another company. Any later and I will no longer be a BT customer, and a copy of the letter will be sent to another site where legitimate complaints are passed on to watchdog and offcom.

Need help with this urgently please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

If that does not resolve the issue then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate e-mail confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 20

Hi Max62,

Welcome to the forum.  I am sorry that you are having problems with BT as well. 

We can help sort this out.  Please follow the advise given by Keith and get an email over to us, I am sure we can sort out your complaint.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
max62
Message 9 of 20

will do as you say, but it will be in the form of the actual letter I was to send to Mr Buckley and I would like any response to be by email as I am all done with frustrating phone calls.
0 Ratings
cguthier
Message 10 of 20

Ah yes, I'm one of those let-down customers who would like to have a word with Mr Buckley. Unfortunatley I always seem to end up talking to someone in Bangalore... Can I get hold of anybody in the UK to help sort out my connection problem? Fat chance it seems. So I applaude you, Mr Madcat in your endvours, while I go off an get some redress for the way we're being **bleep** upon by the privatised monopoly of BT and their  relation Openreach.

0 Ratings