cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Another ... Home Move Nightmare!!!

I placed a home move order over the phone on 3rd February, I was due to move on 17th February.  I have phone and broadband and they both would be moved.  The operator informed me the next available appointment was 24th so I went with that.

Running up to the 24th I had a voicemail, two texts and three emails all telling me to prepare for the engineers visit.  I took a day off work - no one turned up and no contact!  I called BT (twice) who told me there was work needed at the exchange, as it was a new build, and the engineers only found about this that day.  The new date they gave me was 11th March.  I am the third house on that side of the street, all of whom are waiting to be connected - the first house has been waiting 8 weeks with their connection date constantly being pushed back.  BT also told me that an engineer would not need to enter my house, it was just work at the exchange that was needed.  Another lie as I have no BT socket in the house, just a cable in the garden and a blank socket on the wall with a pre-drilled hole.

I contacted Openreach yesterday via their "New Housing Development" portal.  The reply I got today said they had no record of an order from my service provider.  To top it all, I have been billed today for £17 for broadband for the period 24th February to 23rd March!

What is going on and when will my neighbours and I get connected?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Another ... Home Move Nightmare!!!

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

There is nothing BT Retail, or any other service provider can do, until Openreach complete the work, right up to your master socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 15

... but that doesn't explain billing for a service that hasn't even been connected yet.

0 Ratings
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

What is the reason for the lack of communication on the day?

Why do Openreach have no record of the order?

Why have been billed for broadband when I have no connection?

BT just keep saying sorry and that they can't do anything until the order has been processed.  Who knows when that will be and the meantime should I keep paying the direct debit?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hi Paul1981s,

I am sorry to hear that your order has been delay. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

I am trying to reply to the moderator.  I am logged in to the forum - I must be as it is letting me type this reply.  I click on the moderators name but the "contact me" option is blacked out.  The only option I have is to send a private message.   Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 15

Hi paul1981s,

Sorry about that - try what Paddy said but with my own profile (please click on my username). It'll work then.

Thanks,
0 Ratings
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Update

Had a call from one of the moderators on 03/03.  Apparently the delay was due to Openreach having "too much work".  I was told that work at the exchange would be completed on 10/03

Had a call on 11/03.  Further delay due to "external cabling work" which would not be completed until 24/03.  I have external cabling in my garden - it just needs plugging in.  It seems like they are trying to hide the delays with other excuses.  I am awaiting a call this week but I don't hold out much hope.  Why are BT or Openreach not accountable to anyone for the delays?

0 Ratings
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Update.

Another delay!  All remaining cabling work is expected to be completed by 31/03.  That will be 8 weeks since the house move order was placed.

0 Ratings