cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Another ... Home Move Nightmare!!!

Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it. Openreach often have problems with new developments, which would be affecting all Service Providers that use the Openreach network.

0 Ratings
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

There are no problems with my electricity.

There are no problems with my gas.

There are no problems with my water.

A new development would be the ideal opportunity to make sure all the corrrect infrastructure is in place from day 1.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@paul1981s wrote:

There are no problems with my electricity.

There are no problems with my gas.

There are no problems with my water.

A new development would be the ideal opportunity to make sure all the corrrect infrastructure is in place from day 1.

Its not that simple. Everyone needs electricity and water, most need gas, not everyone needs a phone line.

Therefore, there is not much incentive for Openreach to provide infrastructure in a hurry, unless they are confident that they are going to get orders from Service Providers, especially as many people only use mobile phones.

With the advent of fast mobile networks, the need for a physical landline diminishes.

0 Ratings
1stfibre1991
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Openreach don't do anything in a hurry I let them know 3 weeks before I moved and they didn't think to check anything before the day of activation (23rd) and obviously there was a problem new activation date is 27th and I really don't think it will be done still
0 Ratings
paul1981s
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Update

BT phoned today.  They still haven't completed the cabling because they have "too much work".  Next update 29th April.  That will be almost 3 months with no line.

I went round asking the neighbours about their experiences.  All even numbers are connected, all odd numbers are not despite being just across the road.  Everyone from numbers 1-15 is waiting for a physical landline to be put in, so the demand is there.

0 Ratings