cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabateman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Another borked Infinity Order

Just here to make a complaint about a BT phone line and Infinity install.  I am moving into a house and I placed an order to connect the phone line and install Infinity on the 2nd, at the time of the order the website let me choose the date of the engineer visit and install, I selected the Friday 10th.

On the Sunday 5th I got a very poorly worded (some words were missing completely) and confusing email that said my install for the 11th had been delayed and I would be contacted on the 11th with further details.  Firstly my order and install was for the 10th and secondly the team who deal with this don't work weekends the 11th being a Saturday.  So the day I took off work to be around for the install is now wasted and I have no idea when I will have to be available again.

Today when I check the status on the BT broadband order management page and it tells me that the phone line will be activated on the 10th and that the broadband will be enabled on the 10th but it may take up to midnight, it also says in obvious red text that an engineer visit is not required to install the connection.  So now completely puzzled I call up the customer service number provided with my order confirmation.

The customer service agent tells me that the phone will be activated tomorrow as planned but the Infinty connection will not, but she can see no obvious reason why, the line was previously BT and the previous house owner had an infinity connection.  I was then told that the agent could not contact the back office team directly that would be dealing with the issue but they would now call me on the 13th, when I asked why they did not just call me in the first place or at lease before my install date to discuss the delay I was told that they would need time to investigate the issue.  Apparently the website is wrong also and even though it says I don't need a engineer visit I am told by a customer service agent that I do.

So what is the issue!? it obviously isn't billing because the phone line is going live tomorrow, it obviously isn't because the line is still locked to another person because the phone line is going live tomorrow, I bet that infinity is still connected back at the cabinet because the previous owner just moved out a few weeks ago.

Normally I would probably just let it go bar the fact that the last time I ordered infinity for my current property it took almost 2 months of BT not turning up for appointments without even notifying me they wouldn't be calling or poorly managed port inventories to actually get a working install.

So could somebody please kindly find out why your various systems give conflicting information and find out when I can expect an install.  It doesn’t have to be this difficult, just empower the customer facing agents with a reason and description and I would probably have been satisfied to wait, but disinformation and not sticking to agreed dates without a proper explanation does not cut it.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Another borked Infinity Order

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
mabateman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Before I waste my time can you explain to me how live chat will be able to do anything different/more that my call to customer services.

Additionally I did not post any personal details also I see plenty of posts in the infinity forumn where a moderator responds and I very much am "only a BT customer" also this is a connection issue and not a billing issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Its possible there is a provisioning issue, but as I am only a BT customer, I have asked a moderator to look at your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi mabateman,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting your service started. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll look into why this has happened. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
mabateman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Open reach is no excuse, my contract, communication and agreements for installation dates and misinformation provided is in my communications with BT, BT should change it's own processes in informing customers, managing expectations and making commitments to customers if it has and issue in relying on it's suppliers to provide part of the service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

I would take up NeilO offer of help.

0 Ratings
mabateman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Yes thanks for your help keith.

0 Ratings
mabateman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hello I sent the details yesterday with contact the mods but have had no reply
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone
0 Ratings