cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanesh
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Any Time Calling Plan Removed

Hi, I recently renewed my broadband package and when I got the email confirmation later, it looks like there have been some changes to my existing Calling Plan. The actual email does not appear to spell out the details of the change to the calling plan though changes to my broadband package is detailed. I rang back to understand the nature of the change.  The BT staff I spoke to subsequently think that my existing Any Time Calling Plan has now been removed by the BT staff when implementing the new broadband package. Unfortunately, none of them could explain the reason and they are unable to add the plan back. I have not asked to remove Any Time Calling Plan and I am concerned about the incurring call charges. Just wondering what to do.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Any Time Calling Plan Removed

can you not go to MYBT and add anytime calling as I think it is now an add-on with package being weekend and evenings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 19

Forgive my ignorance but how can a package be called 'anytime' if it only covers evenings and weekends?

I, for example, get anytime calls (all day, every day) for £1 as an offer BT ran to some customers last year (or early this, I can't remember exactly).

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

that's not what I said   the broadband package includes evening and weekend calls and there is an add-on in MYBT which you can select to give anytime calls

phone options tram on 0800800030 and they will help you sort it - they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
kanesh
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

BT appeared to have changed their Calling Plans. I don't think there is any Evening / Weekend calling plan option any more. Even BT staff are struggling :-).

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 19

I get it now @imjolly  I knew I was missing something in interpreting your post 😂 Thanks for that.

I took their arm off when they made me the £1 offer. Long may it last 😀

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 7 of 19

After October 20th 2019, anyone who joins BT for line and/or broadband, regrades or changes their broadband package will have to choose one of 3 new calling plans, once changed you can't go back.

The inclusive calls finally include calls to UK mobiles and the 500 minute plan is £5 per month, which is decent value in my opinion, the old hang up and redial after an hour rule is also gone.

Pay As You Go: 30 day minimum term. 20p per minute for all UK landlines, UK mobiles and 0845 and 0870 numbers excluding the Channel Islands.

500 Minutes: 30 day minimum term. 500 inclusive anytime minutes to UK landlines, UK mobiles and 0845 and 0870 numbers excluding the Channel Islands. Maximum of 150 calls a month to 0845 and 0870 numbers. If you exceed your 500 Minute calling plan allowance two months in a row we’ll move you onto our Unlimited Minutes plan.

Unlimited Minutes: 30 day minimum term. Unlimited anytime calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles excluding the Channel Islands. 150 calls or 1000 minutes a month to 0845 and 0870 numbers.

H12FJK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

"The inclusive calls finally include calls to UK mobiles and the 500 minute plan is £5 per month, which is decent value in my opinion, the old hang up and redial after an hour rule is also gone."

Can you please show me where BT says this in its calling plan information? Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

@H12FJK 

just search google for 'BT calling plans'  which will confirm. I think the 500 minutes for £5 has changed to 700 for £7

0 Ratings
davidgom
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Email says my plan is being closed,if I don't want the new to go to My Bt. Have done so and I can still buy my old plan. what are these idiots doing?