cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Anyone ever get this visit?

I have Halo 3. On the webpage for this product there is this message: 

"Expert service when you need it

Our Home Tech Experts will help get you set up and visit once a year to make sure your connection is working the best it can."

Anyone ever had this visit? I haven't.

It also says: "Sorry, you can’t book a Home Tech Expert visit until your current fault has been fixed. "

Odd as I have no fault I have reported. When I track this imaginary fault, it says no faults found.

So I can't book a visit from a tech and I haven't had a promised yearly visit either. How convenient.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Anyone ever get this visit?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. This also says:"If you have Halo, as part of your service, you will be offered a yearly check-up of your BT home tech. "
Never happened.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Usually a guy from a Company called Qube shows up, disconnects all your internal wiring, strips it down at the 66 box outside, leaves you with no service and then tells you that you need an Openreach Engineer because the faults on the Network.

Message 5 of 7

Yes I had visit when I renewed my Halo3+ contract a week ago

Everything was working ok

But the technician said they had to do line checks on contract renewals 

As expected all was ok

Arrived on time and was here for about 15 min

Message 6 of 7

36ULW.  Hahaha. I can imagine this happening.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I've long suspected that Halo3 is really just a marketing exercise that enables BT to fulfill its promise in its advertising that "existing customers will never pay more than new ones".
Halo3 is about twice as expensive per month than the deals advertised to new customers, but the new customer deals don't have the (pretty much useless) bells & whistles offered with Halo 3.
It's also reported by several people on this forum that, once you're on Halo3, BT make it quite difficult to downgrade to a "new customer" deal. You can't do it online and instead have to phone an agent, and these agents are clearly incentivised to persuade you to stay on Halo3
0 Ratings