cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhi
Message 1 of 3

Anyone experienced this?

Has anybody ever experienced any BT scams like this - I have broadband but no actual phones at all in my house and yet 778 calls were made (supposedly) from my number over a two week period in August 2017. The codes called were (Islay) 01496 but none of our village codes, just random numbers, many of which say they no longer exist when I tried calling them from my mobile!!! I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced or heard of this happening to someone. But as BT are 'maintaining' the £256 call charges I fear I might have a fight on my hands....

Please share this post to help me find out if anybody else has had this same experience.

Many thanks
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Anyone experienced this?

Hi @bhi & welcome, I'm sure it won't be a scam a fault no doubt. You could of had a crossed line during that period or its a BT billing error. 

I would think bt will help you sort this, if you have gone from zero calls month after month to 778 something must be wrong. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Anyone experienced this?

You need to connect a phone to your line then dial 17070 and you will get your number read back to you it certainly looks like a crossed line
0 Ratings