cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roseywhu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Anytime calls duplicate monthly charge among other issues. I'm owed £150+?

Hi,

I have a BT Infinity broadband, phone, TV and a couple of 2GB mobile sims.

Over the last couple of months, I've started to get concerned at the price of my BT services - as my average bills seem to be coming in at around £125 - £140 per month.

I appreciate that my contract needs reviewing, and also my daughter religiously uses her phone up to the maximum £5 spend cap. I've had a couple of months too where I have had to pay late payment charges - unfortunately after several years of paying on time on the 1st of the month, the inflexibility of the awkward payment date on my enforced 'Whole Bill' method since signing up to BT mobile has meant a couple of times hanging on until my next pay day to pay the bill.  I know that is partly down to me to budget, but remains an annoyance that the direct debit payment date cannot now be altered from the middle of the month, therefore have found myself on manual pay method now.

Anyway despite all of that, the average monthly spend seems huge, so I decided to look at my bills further.

It appears that for my past 14 bills since October 2015, I have been charged for my Anytime calls plan twice each month (9 lots of £7.95 and 5 lots of £8.50). This seems to have occured after I moved house and presumably something clearly wasn't amended properly on my bill. I also spotted a couple of items from the contract renewal which I did in July 2015 which don't appear to have been honoured either. A "special offer" discount of £3.15p/m for 12 months is nowhere to be seen on my bills and also I can't see a "BT TV Unlimited Discount" of £2.50p/m for 3 months which had been promised.

On a separate note, my BT mobile 1571 has never worked - I logged a call with support over a year ago but no joy since. My daughter's is fine, but think my problem may be because I brought my number over from EE PAYG. I've been looking at the new 'family sim' option with the view to enrolling my wife as well but this is putting us off as she really needs to keep her number and her answerphone capabilities for work too.

Anyhow, back to finanicials, all these items come to around £160 which it appears I am owed. This could be convenient if looked into as my latest bill has come in at around £155. Perhaps my late payment fees could be refunded too as goodwill - after all seems errors have been on both sides but I'm the only one getting charged for them.

If you could possibly indicate how this can be resolved, or who I can send this to have a look for me I would be appreciative. I will send on the VOL order number relating to the query above. Would I be sent a refund or would my bill be amended? 

As I'm due to renew, hopefully some positive advice on a renewal deal that would keep my costs down too would be helpful in my deciding of whether to remain with BT as well.

Many thanks for your time reading this.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Anytime calls duplicate monthly charge among other issues. I'm owed £150+?

Hi @Roseywhu and thanks for posting.

Our billing live chat team should be able to sort this out for you so can you give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Roseywhu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks David for your response,

Will do as you suggest and will let you know the outcome.

0 Ratings
Roseywhu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi David

I have just done the online chat - admittedly I haven't the foggiest if its being sorted or not, but time will tell.

The online chat person was helpful and seemed to identify my double deduction query straight away, and asked to phone me back as it was a query that needed discussing over the phone.

When I spoke to him, he said that he could see I had been charged twice for 14 months, however hadn't looked into the query with my Special Offer discount on my old order.

He explained I would need to be transferred to the 'Redemptions' team in order to have my refund processed. However, the member of the redemptions team listened to my query and said I would need to be transferred back to the billing team.

When I spoke to the billing team, I explained again - at first the advisor didn't understand and kept saying that he was checking his system and couldn't see a refund had been processed but I did have a balance outstanding and did I want to speak about my package.

After further explanation that I was being put through to request a refund, he asked me how much I was requesting and relating to which bill, so I said it was over a prolonged time. He said he would need to speak to his manager,

After a couple of minutes he seemed to suggest the refund had been granted for the amount I said and I should receive this. I asked whether this would be bill adjustment or payment but then he seemed to backtrack and say the request had been put in and I should hear from someone within a day with a view to a refund which could take up to five days. I requested £151.85 for the double deductions and 12 months of special offer discount not paid. I didn't dare confuse issues with the three months BTTV discount not paid I mentioned earlier!

But still not sure if this is in motion, how a refund would be generated (as I don't pay via direct debit at the mo), whether all areas of the query will be investigated, and also whether the bill will be correct going forwards!

It may all be fine, but there seemed so much uncertainty in each of the callers that I was transferred to after the online chat that I'm just not sure.

If I do get a positive outcome, I will happily come on here and sing their praises, however if I don't have any joy, would you or one of the moderators please look into all areas of the query on my account for me? 

Many thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Roseywhu I'm sorry the help desks didn't give you a clear answer on this, the mod team will be happy to look at this for you if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Roseywhu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Thanks Neil, 

I have now just done as suggested, and I have used the link to send detail of the query with further details.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Roseywhu thanks for completing the form and I can see we have received it. We will be in touch in the next few days to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Roseywhu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Hi guys,

Thanks for the answerphone message yesterday and appreciate you looking into my query for me.

I have missed a couple of calls today from you - one on my home line and one on my mobile as I was on my way back from the school run.

I'm working from home today so will now be available on either number if you wish to try again - I think it was John trying to contact me.

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Roseywhu,

@JohnC2 is out of the office at the moment. He did send you an email letting you know what was happening. Can you review it and reply back to him please?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Roseywhu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your update.

I saw John's mail and replied to it about half an hour ago so hopefully he will pick up next time he logs in.

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Ratings