Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Apparently I have no landline with BT?!

Hi all,

I was just looking at upgrade options on My BT but when I click on the button to show me my offeers I am told I don't have a landline with BT and to call to have my line transfered.  I'm on FTTH Infinity 2 and have been for quite a few years now and not had troubles upgrading in the past from Infinity 1 to 2.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks,

Rich

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Apparently I have no landline with BT?!

If you have FTTH/FTTP then you should phone dedicated team 08005874787. To get help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Well no surprise that call was a waste of time.

Apparently their website isn't recognising FTTH phone lines and that's that.

*sigh*
0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

So, wasted my time calling yet again to be told there is nothing wrong.

If there is nothing wrong why is my number not recognised by ANY checker, for example BT, BT Wholesale Checker, SamKnows Broadband Checker? If I type my sister's number in who is also on FTTH all the correct data comes up?

This to me sounds something is wrong in the background but no one is listening. I'm trying to look around at other FTTH providers to see what deals are out there but it's impossible as they all say the number is not recognised.

So frustrating!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

If you have FTTP without a copper phone line it will be a VOIP number, your sister may have a copper voice line.

There are very few FTTP providers in any case, none of the mainstream ISPs offer it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

All the ISP I tried were from BT Wholesale. Example Zen, Spectrum & BT themselves.

Also, it was working fine when I upgraded last year, my number was recognised then but now it's not.

3rd phone call. Told that my call isn't the first about this and they are going to have to look into it and will take up to 4 days.

Guess it only took them 3 months to install the system, 4 days is nothing.
0 Ratings