cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Appointment for Broadband installation not kept.

Indeed, Matthew told me - Bt and Openreach never opened a line of contact about my order,  BT had, just shelved or ignored my order and knew nothing until I telephoned them the day after I expected it to be installed!!!  Outreach knew nothing at all!!!   They just did not have the order!! so ball firmly in the BT Court!

Someone or several someones are supposed to contact me today, during office hours, not looking good for BT.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Hi @LadyLouisa,

Thanks for taking the time to update your thread.

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion with regards to your case. When your order was originally placed the order for service went to Openreach as normal. A few days later some parts of the order failed and were not completed as planned. We didn't pick up that these parts of the order had failed with Openreach until you contacted us to let us know your service hadn't gone live. I'm really sorry about the delay in getting your service-connected.

I have spoken to Matthew your case handler and he called you around noon today but was not able to reach you. He sent you an SMS message to let you know your service would be connected on 29/01/2020 by midnight. Matthew is your assigned case handler but if you are unhappy and would rather that I picked your case up moving forward please let me know. Moving forward can you try and only use the one method of contact?

The more methods you use the more confusion is being caused by more advisers being involved in your case.

Thanks

Matt

LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Well, at least 'you' all know what is going on, really a pity no one bothered to contact ME! as this all became apparent.

I am sorry if I appear to be getting rather angry rather than just annoyed and disappointed, but I only know what I  know because 'I' have bothered to raise this point, yes indeed in several places because no-one was, at the time, getting back to me, as said previously what would the position be if I had not 'bothered' to telephone the day after I expected service and spoke with Matthew, I have no problems with Matthew and do not wish to change contacts.   I apologize for not being available during the one occasion BT tried to telephone me, I am so sorry.

I cannot believe that it appears that the 'tables' are being turned back on me as if this is all my fault!

1.   I waited in as requested, being over 18 for the engineer to come at the appointed time - only information I could find was online order tracker which told me all was well.

2.    After 6pm and no one had contacted me or arrived I again checked online and there was a yellow highlighted note saying sorry there is a delay but you will still get you installation by 6pm as arranged - this at both 6.30pmish and again just after midnight.

So far apart from my original order I contacted no one.

3.  The following morning the yellow note was still online and still showing everything online - so, what to do, I have heard nothing from anyone up to midday on the 15th so, I eventually found a telephone number which might have referred to a 'person' all others tried thus far were automated and did not cover what I needed.

4.  Was eventually put through to Matthew who was very kind and after a lot of contacting various departments, suggested I not wait online and he would call me back - which he did and told me what was to happen - ie it would all start again as if I had just ordered, and I would have to wait probably another 2-3 weeks for installation, as it appears the 'order' had not been 'passed on'.

I went away at first happy that at least someone was starting the ball rolling.   With an hour or so I got an SMS (I missed no calls) to tell me my new installation date would be 29th January.

At that time my only contact was Matthew!!

I was by then getting rather fraught with thoughts of this is just not right so I came to this Forum.   In my opinion not contacting anyone but just airing my frustrations and requesting some answers from members.

During the next few days I was asked my a mod to contact them and I did, but I continued on the Forum as I had noticed that on may threads once the mod has requested contact the thread stops dead and no-one knows the outcome.   Again I apologise if this is 'politically incorrect'.

I then decided I would make a Formal Complaint which I believe is my right, and I submitted the completed form and was answered that it had been received and it would take at least 7 days to be answered. - another wait which I found unacceptable!

I then hear from another Mod who again requested the details I had already given, which I did.

After going online to see if I could get a faster, more reliable service, I found better offers from BT and others and decided I would cancel as by this time my confidence in BT was non existent. 

Again, although promised a telephone call to discuss this cancellation within 24 hours, nothing more has been heard.

So, you are now saying that by trying to get some answers, and just not sitting back like a 'good girl' and just waiting and waiting it is me at fault by contacting 'too many' people.     Well, that is, in my opinion, insulting, I was trying to get BT to 'talk' to me and listen to me and acknowledge me - I do not know what is going on behind the scenes as you now happily do, that is just treating potential customers like idiots.

If you personally are speaking on behalf of BT.................................?

Again, thank you for your explanation  of the facts, and I do again most respectfully apologise to all 'those departments and people' whom I have upset by trying to get someone to talk to me about what is happening.

0 Ratings
LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

btcomms@info.bt.com <btcomms@info.bt.com>
To:

20 Jan at 19:34

We've closed your complaint
Hello 

Thanks for getting in touch with us recently.

We've now closed your complaint, with the reference

If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we dealt with it, please use the contact details in the box below.

For more information about the process we followed, you can read our code of practice at bt.com/complaintscode

First and only contact from my official complaint

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Hi @LadyLouisa,

Sorry to butt into your thread and before I say anything I'm not trying to make light of your complaint. You seem to have had a really poor experience so far.

I think you may have taken @Matt-S last post the wrong way. You will see from other posts on the Community that the MODs have a pretty good track record of getting customers complaints resolved. I don't think they would purposely go out and try and offend you, they are employees of BT after all.

I may be wrong but I think the MOD was trying to ask you to only use one method of contacting BT and not trying to blame you for the problems. You have mentioned you had your case handler, then came on the Community before sending a formal complaint which I would assume was either a letter or a email. This would be three methods of contact all going to be picked up by separate advisers and we all know the old saying "too many cooks....".  

It's very possible that the email you have been sent about your complaint being closed is because there were a number of complaints on your account about the same issue and the  extra complaint was closed to keep all notes on the same complaint. I see you also had a thread about a email issue you had, it is possible that the MOD's opened a complaint to track that issue which has now been closed since the issue was resolved. 

It's good to hear that the connection of your service now looks to be on track for 29th January. Personally I would take up the MODs offer of helping you over any case management team in BT.

Just my two cents, all the best.

SP 

LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Thank you SP.   My Mother, LadyLou is resting for a few days as this has just been too much for her, but we did not want anyone to think she would be ignoring this thread.

Indeed, I take the Daily Telegraph and by pure co-incidence they ran an article on BT and complaints, and published the e-mail address of the CEO Philip Jansen yesterday.   I personally, seeing the state and utter desolation this matter has done to my mother, have e mailed him the web page of this thread.   So I guess you could now say that I have opened up yet another line of confusion.

Whatever everyones'  personal opinions of both my mother and BT in this matter, I really do think BT are lacking in their due care and attention, again, my own personal opinion.    I will leave as silently as I arrived on my mothers' thread.

Thank you all again for your thoughts, just a shame BT are not so concerned as to deal with this matter directly.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

If you have now written a complaint to the CEO  then this willl get passed to Execurive Level Complaints (ELO) which will supersede the MOD involvement and also anyone else

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Just an update re: this thread re: Mum

She has another date this week for installation, however, she has now lost her telephone number that she has had for many years, other possible problems along the line so far, but will wait and see if the engineer turns up and the service works, then I will update here as I think it is very important that people know what 'goes on'.

Unfortunately, health wise she is not in a good place right now, but least said at present>>>>>>>>

0 Ratings
LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

For completeness, I will update this thread.

Engineer arrived 5th February and installed router, said although BT stated I needed 'a new line' I did not, set up one laptop but when asked him to install One disc - " don't know nothing about them, not my area" and left.

Took me 2 days to reset Sky, but not very happy with service as anything to do with BT, e mail etc. would freeze, could have been a 'new' problem' but - had to wait a further week for another (paid for) engineer visit and he said the installation of the router was incorrect I did need a new line which he did, and re-installed the router and the disc - so far so good Bt webpages no longer freezing.

However, my original order from 30th December requested to keep my old number which I had had for over 20 years.

After BT cancelled my original order without notice, then set up new order this was overlooked and I now have a new number which I did not want.   BT were supposed to sort this out by 12th February, but still not done, and I have just totally run out of patience.

This has been , probably, one of the worst experiences of 'paid for service' I have ever experienced, taking its toll on my health and sanity.

Perhaps I am just unlucky, but ...... anyway thank you for your replies and assistance - am now going to take a break after this stressful experience, I hope BT has learnt lessons from this and I truly hope even half of this experience never happens to anyone else.

0 Ratings