Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsidous
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Asked to cancel broadband and landline but nothing happened

Go to solution

I called support on 04.10 to cancel my broadband and landline by 13.10. I haven't received any confirmation email and I've just got a new bill to pay for October and November. I've already cancelled my direct debit as I am abroad until next year.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Asked to cancel broadband and landline but nothing happened

Go to solution

Hi @dsidous 

I think that you need to give 30 days notice when cancelling which is probably why you've received another bill. I would check your bill to see if it only includes your notice period, although I suspect that this could span two bills depending upon when your regular billing date is.

dsidous
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Andy. I ve asked them about the notice period and they promised me to cancel by the date I ve asked. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings
dsidous
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you Kate. All clear now. I hope they will send some confirmation about the cancellation in a month time. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @dsidous Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. You should have received notification of the cancellation of your broadband. Have a chat with the our live chat team and they will be able to confirm the account is closing.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
dsidous
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I've just had a chat with the account team and they can confirm that there is NO cancellation request for my account.

So someone has forgotten to push a button or something when I've asked to cancel.

It cost me money, and time, and I have to call them again for cancel. But can you imagine how much does it cost to call and be on the queue for an hour from abroad?

That's so annoying.

And if BT do records all the phone calls, is it not possible to find my call on 04.10 and do the cancellation instead of me calling them again? (And find out who was responsible to this mistake...)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @dsidous, thanks for checking that with the chat team and sorry that your account has not been closed. I've sent you a Private Message on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you get the account closed and provide feedback on the error.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
dsidous
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you John.

Privet message sent.

0 Ratings