cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 33

At my wits end! Two months without broadband! Super incompetence.

I am not sure this is the right part of the forum to post this but I am literally at my wits end with BT and their complete incompetence. In short I decided to get broadband at my property, I already had a landline. I placed an order for this on the 15th December last year.... and two and a half months later... I still have nothing. The order has been cancelled 4 times and no one can give me a reason.... I have to reorder which involves BT sending me a new modem ( I now have received 4!) and new accounts numbers and heaven knows what. I get call backs (for a ' review'as Openreach seem to be the ones who are not doing the job but all to no effect. I have had so many promises and every time.... nothing. As it became a new contract they also cut off the landline on the 15th december so I have very little means of communication. I live in an isolated country area, with very limited mobile connection and BT have left me me completely without means of communication. I have called the BBC and Which magazine with little success..... The latest start up date I have is this Monday ( the 28th Feb) but I have lost all faith. What can I do?? I need the internet for business ( I rent holiday cottages) and all the usual  banking and other activities. I have NEVER experienced incompetence at this level from a company. I ask you all.... what on earth can I do??? Any WHY are they being so difficult?  Please feel free to repost this in other areas of the forum that may be more appropriate. The more people read this the better I think. 

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Re: At my wits end! Two months without broadband! Super incompetence.

@Kirkholm wrote:

I need the internet for business ( I rent holiday cottages) and all the usual  banking and other activities. I have NEVER experienced incompetence at this level from a company. I ask you all.... what on earth can I do??? Any WHY are they being so difficult?  Please feel free to repost this in other areas of the forum that may be more appropriate. The more people read this the better I think. 

@Kirkholm 

As you are a a business user, you would need to post on the BT Business forum. This is the BT Residential Customer Forum and cannot help with business connections.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

No I am residential customer! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

@Kirkholm 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 33

Just to assure you I am a private residential user NOT a business....when I said business I meant online banking, shopping etc. I really am just fed up, two and a half months of excuses and nonsense really is my limit. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

Well yes I understand that, I just wondered if amongst us customers someone may have had a similar situation or know what direction o should go in? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

From you initial post you obviously use your residential line to run your business renting holiday cottages

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

I am residential user who occasionally uses air B and B to rent a cottage I have..... but I am a residential user!!!!!! I am not a business. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

Other residential users occasionally sell there surplus junk on EBay..... that doesent make them businesses!! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 33

Selling your own junk on eBay is not a business or taxable but running  holiday cottages is a business and taxable.

Anyway can you enter your address and post the results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Which broadband package are you trying to order?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings