cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fosty148
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Atrocious Customer Service, I'm Going to the Ombudsman as I'm getting nowhere

Sorry to post the same rant under two forums.

Back in mid-June 2015 I decided to get the BT TV Starter as it was free (apart from the activation fee) with the Kids bolt-on at £3 a month which enabled me to save some money on my Sky TV subscription. I received my email from BT advising that my YouView box was on its way and that my service had been activated. When I received it a couple of days later I set it all up and it worked ok, except the Kids bolt-on and BT Sport were not working. I went online to check my order and they were both listed so I used the 'Manage BT TV' link and clicked on the buttons to add them to my package. Well, this was where my woes began. The BT website told me I couldn't do this online (even though it says its easy to add them online). I then had to speak to BT and ask them to add the extras. They told me I didn't have BT TV, even though I was looking at the YouView box BT sent me!!! I think they must have raised another order as I received another email advising that my BT TV would be activated on a date about a week in the past!?!? To cut a long story short, I have spent approximately 6 hours on the phone to numerous customer advisers who, and this is not a racist remark, I just cannot understand and who do not appear to understand the English language. Always a good start for a customer adviser. Each person I spoke to promised to get it sorted, two even took over my pc remotely to understand what my issue is. By this time one route to upgrade my BT TV said I didn't have BT TV and another route to add BT Sport HD said I already had it.......hang on, didn't you just tell me I didn't have BT TV???? I have deleted my wife's BT ID off the account so it is just me to see if that was causing the problem, but it doesn't seem to have. So here I am, thoroughly p#@sed off and wishing I never ordered BT TV. I have never had an issue in the 15 or so years my wife and I have been with BT. Please sort it out or I will go elsewhere. I think BT are trying to do too much too fast and are ballsing it up in the process. .....oh, and the BT website is atrocious. It should not be filled with adverts and should not have lots of different ways to get to the same thing, its just confusing.  I have today found out by testing the website that the only BT TV packages I can upgrade to are 'Standard' and 'Ultra HD'.  I already have Standard and havent got an Ultra HD TV!!!  I think I'm going to the Ombudsman.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Atrocious Customer Service, I'm Going to the Ombudsman as I'm getting nowhere

Flagged for order team.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Atrocious Customer Service, I'm Going to the Ombudsman as I'm getting nowhere

Hi fosty148,

Thanks for posting. I’m really sorry you’re having so many problems getting this order placed. I think your best bet would be to contact our order team and allow them the chance to put things right.  I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to our order team whereby you can online chat with them.  This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4
Moved:

0 Ratings