Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wisty
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Automatic Compensation?

Go to solution

My broadband went down on the 20th July and it took Openreach until the 28th to fix it (neighbour caused underground cable damage  - needed road closures to fix). I was OK using the Halo 4G router.

Today I got a VERY bizarre message from BT which read

We're sorry we didn't fix your service within two working days of you telling us about the problem and for the issues this might have caused.

On 1 April 2020, we temporarily stopped our Automatic Compensation Scheme. That's because we're prioritising our most vulnerable customers during the coronavirus crisis. But, we're adding a credit to your next bill to try and make up for it. It's £8 for each day you were without service, and we're counting from two working days after you reported your fault, up to and including 31 March 2020.

My only conclusion is that either they have reinstated the scheme but forgotten to edit the standard message - and I will get compensation, or someone has failed to turn of the automated message  about compensation for faults occurring after 1st April - in which case I won't be seeing compensation.

Anyone got any clues?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Automatic Compensation?

Go to solution

@wistywrote:

Anyone got any clues?

Have a look at Automatic Compensation 
It's temporarily suspended, you could ask for goodwill for the 6 days

0 Ratings
wisty
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks. I was aware it was suspended, and to be honest was not expecting compensation. 

However I was just trying to understand the bizarre dates in the message - and why it was sent. It tells me I will get compensation for days up to the 31st March 2020 when the fault started and was fixed in July. It seems whoever programmes the automated messages  for BT has got things all crossed up.

I await the next bill with interest.

0 Ratings
wisty
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Just an update - I did get six days compensation on the latest bill.
Very welcome!
0 Ratings