cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Automatic compensation account refund following fault

Go to solution

How do I get my automatic compensation back from my BT account? There was an accident which demolished the telegraph pole and I have received the approx £105 compensation. I gave called to request this back only to be told it’s not possible! Why?not? Nowhere can I find this information from the website! 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Automatic compensation account refund following fault

Go to solution

Compensation is routinely paid via a credit to your account; the sum will be set against your future bills until it's used up.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

That will take the best part of a year! Seems ridiculous when EE can do it! Any other account in credit, would receive  the money back. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @BJS1, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. Sorry that you were told you could not have the credit refunded back to you.

Have you received a bill since the compensation was awarded?
If yes and you would like the money refunded to you then we can arrange that for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Not 100% sure when this is, definitely this week, think it’s usually around 27th monthly.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @BJS1, thanks for posting back and comeback to us after the bill is issued and we'll be happy to arrange a refund of your credit balance.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hi John, my account has been produced today and is showing a credit balance of over £100. Please can this be sent back to me. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @BJS1 ,

Thanks for posting. I can arrange the refund for you. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @BJS1, thanks for taking my call earlier, and just to confirm the refund has been arranged and will be back in your account in the next 5 working days.

Cheers

John