cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ureco
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Awful Customer Service

I have been experiencing a nightmare with BT Customer Support relating to a broadband issue I've been having for over a week now (which has burned upwards of 35+ hours of my time). I won't put your through the pain of my saga with BT up until tonight but decided enough was enough... it was time to escalate the problem.

Tried to escalate the issue via the phone only to be 'cut off' 3 times in a row (waiting over 10-15 minutes in the phone queue each time). Funny how the line dropped immediately after I explained the problem!

Eventully got someone who agreed to put me through to a Supervisor - well after 10 minutes of silence, no explaination of what he was doing, he eventully said someone would call back in 2 minutes - 10 minutes later a supposed Case Manager called. This 'manager' now collects the award for worst Customer Service Representative I've every dealt with - he talked over me, would not listen to anything I said, accused my wife of not being able to understand what was being explained to her (she was on the call first). When I'd had enough of being shouted at I asked to speak to someone else in the UK (I'm sorry but the off shore customer service is appalling) - he said he was "closing the case and good luck getting anyone from the UK" was his reply! I then asked for his name - yip you guessed it, he put the phone down!

I now need to run the Customer Service roulette to try and get a UK Customer Service Rep to take my complaint (now about the broadband issue and the terrible customer service to date) - problem is it's 10-15 minutes of your time each try! Unless someone from BT on this forum can arrange for me to be called by a UK based Manager who can take my complaint(s) and fix them both.

Completely fed up with BT - I've been with BT ever since I needed a phone.... then broadband... so over 25 years and after tonights omnishambles I'm seriously considering looking elsewhere for my phone and broadband!

Hopefully someone on this forum can help me find a way to contact a UK BT Manager (anyone got a UK contact number) that can actual provide semi decent customer service and give some redemption to BT as a customer service organisation!

Any advice will be much appreciated....

Thanks

One very hacked off long standing BT Customer 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Awful Customer Service

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here 

0 Ratings
ureco
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for getting back to me John46...

Yes, I've been reading other posts since I posted my own issue and realise it's as you say a customer to customer forum. However I notice that BT Moderator's do from time to time take on cases posted on the forum - hopefully one of these moderator's can perhaps help me out.

Failing that at least I've been able to record somewhere my incredible frustration at the quality of BT Customer Support and the ineptitude of the people they employ to represent their organisation - hopefully if someone in BT reads enough of these posts they will take action.

Thanks again for explaining the function of this forum.

0 Ratings
ureco
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks John46 - your edit crossed with my reply - much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

The mods are the only BT employees here and the only ones who will read your post apart from other customers
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @ureco,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm really sorry to read about the difficulties you have had in getting your complaint resolved. I'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you and to help put things right. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings