Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: B.T the grinch that stole christmas

Go to solution

Hi They won't provide you with a mobile dongle , they do provide you with free wifi, if someone near you has BT Wifi or someone uses FON even on a different provider or if they have an access point near you , you should be able to connect wirelessly.

At the moment for example I can use my neighbours BT internet wirelessly free of charge.

That they will provide.

That may well get you back online, I don't know how many simultaneous connections you can have.

By the way DO NOT accept a temporary ADSL connection, there are too many stories on here of people accepting that , then not getting their infinity deal as a new customer.

Be persistent , at the end of the day , you want your fibre optic , BT want your money.

As much as I distrust them , it is in the best interests of both sides to resolve this, give them a chance , give them a dealine then I'm afraid you will have to see how it developes.  Cooling off time has no affect on breach of contract , they are 2 separate issues.  I had a similar issue last year with a major electrical supplier and a washer drier, the cooling off period was well over, but they failed to deliver twice and then delivered a broken product, so I told them to stuff there product and an attached service using breech of contract and they instantly caved in .

Good luck again

surk8
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

John, frenchsirius

Thank you both for your replies. Think I will try phoning again but to be honest any communication seems lost in translation.

I can occasionaly see a bthub5 if I scan wifi networks on my mobile, but no mention of BT Fon or anything like that but will certainly look into it as that would at least solve the uni/school work problems.

Warning heeded with regard to the temp ADSL connection, was wondering why they hadn't offered this, perhaps I have been lucky in this instance.

Kind regards

Caroline & Jason

0 Ratings
Highlighted
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Built in wireless cards don't really pull in a strong enough signal in my experience. I would suggest going for a walk with a tablet or mobile and seeing if there are any Bt Fon or Fon networks around.

If there are ,an external USB adapter with an aerial is about £10 and there is a fantastic Netgear device that can be used to create a secure home network from any public hotspot i.e. one connection serves many.

Good luck best wishes

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Surk8,

I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
surk8
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB

Thanks, I would like that very much & I certainly would appreciate any help you could offer.

frenchsirius, Have discovered a BTWiFi-with-fon signal if I stand near back door, is the idea to place the dongle where the signal is strongest & use a usb extension cable?

Kind regards

Caroline & Jason

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Hi surk8,

It took a bit of juggling at account level but I'm really glad we are able to get it all sorted for you in the end. You know where we are if you need any further help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings