cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neomat
Message 1 of 4

BB Usage

When I was shopping around for a new BB provider, I was advised by the BT "Expert" who patiently answered my (Probably inane) questions, which option to subscribe to. He was quite adamant that it would give ample time to my wife and myself in our hobby of genealogy and would be less expensive than the package we were subscribing to at the time.

This did not turn out to be the case and we are repeatedly charged for over-usage, thus making our BB deal with BT a rather "Out of the frying pan into the fire" affair.

Of course I should be more au fait with terms used but as a septuagenarian who still works in feet and inches, pint's and fluid ounces, I just have to accept my grandchildren's word for it. "I AM A DINOSAUR"

How was I to know that "Up to 14Mb speed" actually means "Under 6Mb" where I live and "10GB will be much more download than you and your wife will ever use in a month" is evidently an equally misleading judgement.

I'm wondering if the same distortion of figures has occurred in the length of contract and I will be able to opt out after 9 months rather than have to keep paying "Overtime" to BT for the full 18 months.

Any one like to make a guess?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BB Usage

if you have an 18 month contract then opting out beforehand will incur cancellation fees

cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

There is a guide to broadband usage on this link.

Why is my broadband usage so high?

0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

There is quite a little club of 10Gb dinosaurs on here. We pop in and out for much appreciated advice from our kindly fellow customers. I have found it all very confusing but following the advice given here I now feel a little more in control.  

0 Ratings