cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BEWARE,, WHEN ORDERING INFINITY

BT Sales will not tell you that you old equipment hub phones etc are NOT backwardly compatible with the new hub 4
BEWARE : BT WILL TRY AND SELL YOU A REPLACEMENT ONLY AFTER THE ENGINEER HAS BEEN OUT TO INSTALL IT
OUR ENGINEER DID NOT EVEN CHECK THE PHONES OR OUR EXISTING CONNECTIVITY TO BT VISION, JUST CALLED THE LINE FROM HIS PHONE AN ANNOUNCED - all ok!!! NOT!!
We were without a phone for 5 days, then sold a BT phone as we Wre told it was the only one that worked. This is a fabrication any phone will work that has worked on a filter previously. DO NOT BE DUPED. YOU CAN BUY COMPATIBLE HANDSETS FROM ARGOS AT HALF THE PRICE- but I doubt they will have told you this while they are selling you the ONLY COMPATIBLE BT KIT
BT WAKE UP AN TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH SOME RESPECT AN STOP HIDING BEHIND THE OLD CHESTNUT " we're very sorry and are looking into it, the sales agent must have made an error" this is rubbish!!! Yo make enough profit to train your employees correctly!!! Do something about it!
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BEWARE,, WHEN ORDERING INFINITY

I think most people know that any phone will work.

But you should have been told that the hub phone wont work any more as the hub 2 it connects to is replaced.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

the hub phone has not been usable since the hub 3 came out also not just the hub 4 the broadband talk service has not been available for new customers for a long time now and is being phased out after 2013 to all other users

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I think the last update by mods said that BBTalk would not be withdrawn/phased out until after 2013 not in next few months

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Broadband-Talk-Withdrawal-Updated-on-14th-Dec-2012/td-p/...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I may be wrong but I thought the BT Hub phone could also plug into the phone socket and be used as a "normal" phone. It did not have to be only used as an Internet phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The hub phones are wireless so you need a base station to pair it to and the hh3/4 are no longer dect base stations. If you have cordless phone then pair it and it should work ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

@gg30340 wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought the BT Hub phone could also plug into the phone socket and be used as a "normal" phone. It did not have to be only used as an Internet phone.

As imj says, hub phones are cordless. A corded phone can be used on the HH2 to make internet or landline calls (the latter requiring 5 to be pressed before the number).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8