cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BROADBAND CONNECTION 4 DAYS LATE, SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO PROGRESS

Dear BT,

Complaint reference number **Edited**This is completely unacceptable. My broadband was meant to start on the 28th January, it is now the 31st and I am still being informed that it will be at least tomorrow before anything happens. It is looking like it will be at least 1 week late.

On the 28th of January and no broadband connection was initiated. I called BT to enquire only to be informed that my broadband order had been lost internally. It is now the 31st of January and four phone calls later I am still being given the same message that I got on monday - "I will cancel your order and make a new order TOMORROW". THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

- THAT IS FOUR DAYS AND NO PROGRESS FROM BT, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BEING TOLD "TOMORROW" and "I WILL TRY TO..."
- FOUR DAYS, FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE ON THE PHONE, THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE BY TEXT MESSAGE.
- YOU REFUSE TO GIVE OUT A NUMBER SO THAT I CAN SPEAK TO A SINGLE PERSON.

Yes you have credited my account with £39.99 but that is an embarrassing apology to be quite frank and barely covers the costs that I have incurred as a direct consequence of your incompetence (topping up mobile data, phone bills, buying a dongle temporarily) and does not even take into account to account the time that this has taken out of my working day. I expect compensation that isn't an insult to me as a historically loyal customer to BT.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF BROADBAND PROVIDERS OUT THERE WHO I WILL HAPPILY MOVE TO AS I AM COMFORTABLE THEY WILL GIVE A BETTER SERVICE.

GET THIS SORTED IMMEDIATELY... COMPENSATE ME FULLY.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BROADBAND CONNECTION 4 DAYS LATE, SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO PROGRESS

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @dompollard747

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

I'm really sorry for the delay connecting your broadband.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to send us over your details and we'll check what's causing the hold up.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @dompollard747,

Thank you for sending in your details. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry your Broadband service has been delayed.

I've reviewed the details of your account. I can see that your complaint has been picked up by the Executive Level Complaints Team. They are working on getting the delay resolved and I can see that they are due to speak to you again on Monday.

As your complaint has been picked up by the Executive Level Complaints Team, it would best to allow them to continue to deal.

Once again please accept my apology for the delay in getting your service activated.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings