cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

BROADBAND

Be very carefull of applying for an upgrade on your broadband.My son applied for one and an appointment was made for an engineer to attend on the 6th November.Not only did the engineer not turn up but his existing broadband was disconnected.His phone is still working but no broadband.He is getting the run around from various call center operatives.He is still without broadband.When the glossey ads arrives promising you the great service be very reluctant to take up the offer.It is now 3 weeks and no sign of anyone helping.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

new ultra fast broadband

My son applied for ultra fast broadband and BT disconnected his existing Broadband.He has been informed this will be out of service for three weeks.Will this happen if I apply for ultra fast broadband? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Re: new ultra fast broadband

Its quite possible, if something goes wrong.

What speed are you getting at the moment?

If your son is a BT Broadband customer, why not ask him to post on this forum, to get help?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

How can he post as he has got no internet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

How can anyone post about broadband as due to BT disconnecting broadband there is no internet connection.To make matters worse a glossy information sheet arrives praising the new ultra fast broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

This forum is available on a mobile.

If you have his permission to deal with his account, then its possible you could get help here, but the forum moderators would still have to speak to him, as the account holder.

Glossy advertising is common to all providers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

This is absolutely no help.BT has all the information already and are doing nothing about it.Why has this once good company fallen so badly in its customer service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

This is only a customer to customer forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They may be able to help with your son`s connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Re: Delay in moving my broadband after moving

My son applied for an upgrade to his existing broadband.BT disconnected his broad band on 6th November and to date he has got no broadband.He has tried in vain to have even his existing broadband restored but to no avail.The latest date for a review of his situation is 27th November with no guarentee of resolving the issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

@km8 I'm sorry to see your sons broadband upgrade hasn't went to plan.  If you have his permission and access to his BT account or order info please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in his details and we'll be happy to look into the delay. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

0 Ratings