Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pearson1977
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT 3rd party engineers

Go to solution
So where do I begin I moved into a new build house on the 6/11/2015 bt said il have an engineer coming out on the 9/11/2015 nope that never happened due to a cabling issue wasn't told this until I called bt so got given a new date 26/11/2015 so an engineer turns up does a few cable jobs then tell me he can't connect me as he would need to do a PIT DIVE I don't know what that even involves but as it's against his union rules he couldn't do it so still no phoneline or broadband and getting tired of trying to explain to someone in India who hasn't a clue what I'm on about. so just wondering if any mods Could point me in the right direction to actually speak to someone English sorry if this sounds like rant just very frustrated with the whole process

Many thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT 3rd party engineers

Go to solution

@Pearson1977

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you have had with your order, it sounds like further underground work is required to get you connected.

Your best bet would be to contact our order team and allow them the chance to put things right. I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to our order team whereby you can online chat with them. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Pearson1977
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi thanks for the reply much appreciated get more help here than I have any where today. il get in touch with them and let you know how it goes thanks again
0 Ratings
Pearson1977
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the info NeilO well first thing this morning had a openreach engineer outside sorting out the mess from the previous engineer and within half an hour I was up and running this could of all been avoided if BT sent one of there own engineers instead of contractors but yet again thanks NeilO
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Pearson1977 BT do not have any engineers, Openreach manages the cabling network as a separate entity and works impartially for all ISP's (except Virgin Media) per Ofcom rules in 2005.

0 Ratings