cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliet195
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Account on Credit File

Hi, I have been trying to contact BT for sometime regarding an account on my credit report. I had an online chat with BT and they advised they could see the account but we’re unable to provide me with any information.  They advised me to contact Experian.

I raised a dispute with Experian and they have confirmed that BT have advised the data is correct.

This debt is having a negative impact on my credit report which I really need to get resolved ASAP.

I do not know what the account relates to and there  isn’t an account number.

Any advice on getting this resolved would be greatly received!

I want to clear the debt and repair my credit rating, but don’t know who I need to pay!

Many thanks

Julie

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
rockspring2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Account on Credit File

Hi Julie,

I am going through a similar situation.

I basically had to give full name, all addresses, email addresses and they finally managed to locate the account. 

Out of interest, how long did it take for BT to respond to your Experian dispute? 

Thank you

Adam

0 Ratings
juliet195
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Adam

Experian just advised that BT had confirmed the account was accurate, but gave no help in how to resolve.

After numerous calls with BT I settled the whole £35 on 8th April - it was a bit of a nightmare for such a small amount!

Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Julie

0 Ratings
rockspring2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

It's crazy how hard it is to sort.

Glad you got it all sorted though!

I have raised my dispute with Experian but they are saying it can take 28 days to respond! How long did it take them to confirm BT had said this following you logging the dispute?

Thank you so much

Adam

0 Ratings