cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyleem
Message 1 of 10

BT Activation - 1.5 month delay, Constant lies, No shows and No calls FURIOUS

I am absolutely furious with BT and that unbelievable service I am getting. I ordered a phone line and broadband for my new home on 14th December. My installation day was set to 7th January, but then delayed until 14th January.
On 14th January I was told to be home between 8-1pm for the installation. NO ONE turned up, No phone calls, No texts, NOTHING. I called up and they said there are more delays and had no explaination for why no one had notified me. I took a whole day off work which was completely wasted.

I was then told that I will have an update on the 16th and will be able to book a new appoitment. 16th came and I waited til 8pm for the call. NOTHING. I called in the morning on 17th to say that no one and has called me and I want an update NOW. I am told to wait until the 20th when I will 100% get a call and an update. I expressed my anger and told the advisor to add notes on the system for it to be esclated and make sure someone calls me.

20th came. NO CALLS, NOTHING. I called up again as I knew they wouldn't be calling me as it got to 7.30pm. I get through to someone at 7.45 (someone english) who explains that they can see how much of a mess the issue is and accepts that it's unacceptable that no one has been communicating with me. He ASSURES me that the issue will be solved by Wednesday.

Wednesday comes,  I call up at 9am as I know no one will call me. I am told the work is still not finished and I will get an update from senior team today. Again, NOTHING. I've called up and again been told to wait another 48 hours. I am banging my head against a wall, I am getting nothing but being strung along.

I am being treated like an absolute mug and I have never dealt with such a pathetic lying company in my life. I have been waiting over 1 month for broadband and expect that it's going to be another month and another few hundred pounds in phone bill costs before anything is done about it.

I STILL HAVE NO BROADBAND.

Can someone please tell me who I can contact to get this raised properly and dealt with? A managers number or someoen in senior teams? I am SICK of dealing with someone in their indian call centre every single day.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Activation - 1.5 month delay, Constant lies, No shows and No calls FURIOUS

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: BT Activation - 1.5 month delay, Constant lies, No shows and No calls FURIOUS

Hi andyleem,

Thanks for your post, I'm really sorry to hear about the delay in getting your line connected. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy. You can find the link by clicking on my username. 

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
andyleem
Message 4 of 10

Thanks

0 Ratings
andyleem
Message 5 of 10

STILL WAITING!

Just been told today that the engineering work has been completed but I can't have an appoitment until 24th February. Everything I had been told was complete lies, i.e. that I would have an appoitment in a matter of days due to BT messing up and all the delays.

Honestly never in my life dealt with such an unprofessional disgustingly managed company. I don't want to speak to any more fcking indian calls centres, GIVE ME A DIRECT NUMBER TO SOMEONE AT BT!

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Nice to see you just got ignored in the end. This company is diabolical. Any reading DO NOT SIGN UP with Big Trouble!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@broadbandplease

Look at the date of the post, it was most likely sorted out ages ago.

You have been offered help already.

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I can see the date, it's the same issues going on now though, and I had the same issues 7 years ago I presumed things would have got better by now...700 mill spent on football, but can't connect people isn't a good state of affairs..cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

connections are carried out by Openreach not BT and it is Openreach who also carry out the work for other ISP's apart from cable and under OFCOM rules BT get no preferential treatment just checkout other ISP's forums and you will see the same problems and complaints
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

So what, thats just a BT group subsidrary, ulimately they own and profit from it, the fact it cant exploit its monopoly anymore to service BT first does't mean investing in it so it can do whats its supposed to do wouldn't be a good idea..tbh Ive had several isp's nonewithstanding what you said my worst experience has been with BT, I'm on my 3rd activation date now, with no real reason to beleive it will happen..I can certainly say I didn't experience this with the several other isp's..Even the others did all provide the poor service you indicate and it boils down to open reach, well then BT should do something about open reach so it can provide a good service for all isps..its gone of for years... My experience now has been a carbon copy of 7 years ago, failed dates, lack of any genuine explanation, failed call appointments, lies and contradictions, sometimes in the same call - thats when I can even understand the call centre staff..