Kirsty_C

BT Anytime call package - freecalls!!!

Hi

Just got my first bill after upgrading to BT anytime and was completely shocked.

I was under the impression that all normal uk landline calls were free (as long as under 1 hour) but instead Ive only got my first 100 calls free leaving me with a stupidly high bill! Completely not expected and not budgetted for. Have I missed some small print somewhere can anyone help?

Thanks in advance Kirsty

Expert
Patty-L

Re: BT Anytime call package - freecalls!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi Kirsty welcome to the forums. In the VERY small print you will find that there is a fair usage policy 1000 minutes

or 150 calls a month, after that calls are charged at standard BT rate.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=31674&s_intcid=con_in...

Click on link above then go to legal stuff,  then more legal stuff  you will find it there.

Aspiring Expert
Bob1001

Yes you are correct. BT have redefined "unlimited" although it is buried in the T&Cs I would think this is something worth taking up with trading standards or the people who control advertising to get them to remove BT's misleading adverts.

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

The way I read it, the limit of 150 calls only applied to 0845 and 0870 calls.  I can see no limit for normal land-line calls.

Expert
Patty-L

Ectophile I think you may be right, on reading small print again,

it does appear to be 0845 and 0870 calls. Perhaps Kirsty can tell

us if she makes a lot of these calls or not, but she did

say "normal" landline calls.