cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Basic application form

Hi  This is my first post so hello to all .

I hope someone can help me as i am being fobbed off with the same answers everytime.

I applied for bt basic at the end of july , with confirmation i would be connected beggining of september (this year).

I had to fill a form in to show i was on universal credit (zero earnings) and return within 14 days which i did. 

After sending in the 4th form due to key information being missing incorrect or invalid i contacted again and spoke to another adviser who told me not to send the 5th form in as this maybe confusing the issue .

Today i recieved a letter saying either the DWP cannot confirm i am on universal credit or i didnt send the form in within the time frame.

I was moved onto a std plan which i cannot afford , So after speaking to another adviser a few mins ago he has sent out another form for me to fill in and reordered my bt basic again,

If this time it goes the same way as the last 2 months have who do i complain to as this is a shoddy service and i only went with bt as i have no money and i needed a basic broadband and could not afford std billing , Why was i even connected without bt first confirming i am eligable for the bt basic plan as this i see should be done before you are connected as it can end up costing more money than i or people have got to pay for the router as i enquired about cancelling the whole thing as i have spent over 4 hrs on phone calls and sending numerous letters with  private information in  that were not recieved and could be in the hands of someone who can use this information. 

I do not have much faith in this new form i am being sent so can anyone help who i need to contact to move the open complaint i have ongoing 

kind regards

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Basic application form

Hi @bigbassman9,

I am sorry to hear that it hasn't been set up after you completed the form. We'll look into it for you and contact the necessary teams. We may need to get the form from you again but we can be your point of contact until it has been resolved.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thankyou for the reply , i shall wait for the form and return the same day

regards  simon

0 Ratings
Wildweekends
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I am having exactly the same problem as this gentleman experienced. Phoned today to be told they couldn't tell me what I was doing wrong in the application form. Can you please assist me in this as I am getting nowhere. A month with BT and my broadband has been broken for most of that time and the hub refuses to see my network printer and then a letter saying I'm not eligible for Basic despite being told it was all set up on the system! Already got an outstanding complaint against BT for the broadband so would rather this was solved civilly
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@Wildweekends I'm sorry to see you're BT Basic application has been rejected.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Have you tried turning off smart set up in your Hub settings as that may help with the printer connection problem?

0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Good luck i still am being sent forms , think i am up to 10 now .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @bigbassman9,

I'm sorry this still hasn't been sorted for you. I'd like to take a look at this for you, please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Wildweekends
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

That's rough! When this one comes I'm gonna try phoning and get guy on other end of phone to help fill it in. It's an easy form as well. One tick and national insurance number! Not much to get wrong....aaarghhh lol
0 Ratings
Wildweekends
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Woohoo my printer is working. Many thanks for tip Neil0. I'll be on touch when new form arrives for BY Basic
0 Ratings