cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkmaria
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Basic application refused

I have applied for BT basic + broadband for a family member who has alzheimer's and receives one of the listed benefits, but have received a very swift reply stating it has been refused as she doesn't receive the correct benefit or the form wasn't returned in time (I sent it back on the day it arrived: Friday, and received the refusal the following Tuesday). I know she definitely receives a qualifying benefit, and really need to get their broadband installed asap for the assistive technology to work in their home. If anyone can offer any advice I'd really appreciate it, thank you!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
PaddyB
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Basic application refused

Hi @jkmaria,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community.

If you give the BT Basic Team a call on 0800 800 864 (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday). They'll be able to take a look at the application, they can give you the reasons why it's been rejected and what needs to be done to have the application accepted.

Please give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
jkmaria
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick response Paddy, I work in a critical worker role so having time to call/wait on hold between 8 and 6 is really difficult at the moment (but I know things are really difficult for lots of people at the moment!) Do you know if there's any other way this can be sorted please? It took a 40 minute call to get the form sent out on my 2nd (or maybe 3rd?) request for one, and I don't know where I'll find time to call again.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 6

Hi @jkmaria and thanks for getting back.

I can appreciate why you might not want to try calling but it would most likely be the quickest way to get this sorted. Can you please give it a go and if it doesn't work out get back to me.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jkmaria
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi, I managed to call the Basic team first thing and they said HMRC have not confirmed the benefit so all they can do is send out another form for us to complete and we'll have to call HMRC to see why they haven't confirmed the benefit. I tried calling but HMRC are only dealing with minimal requests due to the pandemic. Any advice on how to get this sorted would be really appreciated as the person I spoke to seemed unable to help in any way.

Thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @jkmaria,

Thanks for getting back. If HMRC haven't confirmed the benefit then I'm really sorry but there's nothing we can do. I know this is a really difficult situation for you to be in but if the benefit hasn't been confirmed then we can't get the correct order in place as it will be rejected until it is confirmed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings