cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoardRoom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Basic debacle - still being charged the full rate after several months!

Hi

Back in October 2020 I signed up a disabled friend (in receipt of universal credit) to BT Basic.

In November I returned the completed BT Basic application form.

Unfortunately, the application was not processed and my friend was then being charged the full monthly rate which he cannot afford. A huge shock when you are on a very low income expecting to pay around £10 a month and they take £30+.

There was no attempt by BT to contact my friend to inform him of any problems with his application.

I contacted BT to query this but of course they would not/could not discuss my friends account with me.

My friend got in touch with BT to query the charge and they said they had not received his completed form.

I made a copy of the completed form before posting it and offered to re-send it but they told him he would have to reapply.

They sent a new form, the completed form was returned over 2 months ago but they are still charging him the full rate.

My friend called BT again to complain and they paid him a good will gesture of £20 and promises that the full amounts paid to date will either be refunded or credited back to his BT account.

My friend is unwell with a heart condition and cannot deal with stress very well. Being overcharged every month is incredibly stressful.

Can anyone here please put me in touch with a supervisor at BT to sort this out.

Thank you very much.

B R

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Basic debacle - still being charged the full rate after several months!

I have asked mods to see if they can help you   they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 4

Hi @BoardRoom  welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of the problems your friend has experienced getting BT Basic set up.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
BoardRoom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much John.

I have just replied to your PM.

Cheers.

B R