cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redheadguy10
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Basics application form not been sent out after 5 weeks & 8 requests

I've made multiple (12) calls & re-requests for a BT application form since November 28th 2020. From my (now) understanding of the corporate structure, BT Basics team are in Durham, are NOT customer facing and can only be contacted via email within BT whether it's the billing team, the sales team or the retensions team. Indeed, it's a completely  isolated unit and a law unto themselves.... excepting OFCOM who I'll be in contact with next.

I DO understand that BT inherited this cheaper telephony serice from the government but think that somewhere higher up in the corporate structure they simply want to disregard some people.

One can't speak with the same person twice at BT who can take 'ownership' of things to resolve the issue. No BT staff have any idea of how BT Basics working processes & practices operate excepting for those working in that team. It leaves the end user / customer totally frustrated and feeling ignored. 

Sadly I've gone from the financial Premiership to League division 4 quickly and although BT have a responsibility and duty to provide this service by government edict, they are ignoring it.

I'm now being switched back to a copper cable but liable for £26.99 a month whereas when I signed up in November I was given 3 months free of charge, time to sort the BT Basics out.

Staff I speak to are polite and helpful but their hands are tied and their knowledge of BT Basic fundamental. I know the BT Basic team are based in Durham but simply can't understand why after 8 requests for a form I'm being ignored. 

My next step is to contact OFCOM and last resort buy one BT share and write to the Chairperson & CEO. This level of 'service' only reflects back on BT management like a mirror .......

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Basics application form not been sent out after 5 weeks & 8 requests

getting the application form does seem to be a problem from other forum posts.  I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help you get application form   they will post here but they are busy so may take a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
redheadguy10
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanking you kindly 'Distinguished Sage' for your participation. From my understanding the staff at BT can't action anything but for contacting the isolated BT Basics team by email. I think these are questionable business practices & processes which are 'closed' to other BT staff & the customer.... almost like The European Central Bank! ..... I think one has to apply influence from above their department before this will be sorted out. My friend along the street from me has a political show on TV on a Sunday morning and is ready to drag the CEO on after seeing the way others are treated in this forum..... remember too that those applying for this service are already stressed financially and ignoring people never resolves anything in life. Kindly ...A

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 4 of 4

Hi redheadguy10

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you have experienced problems when trying to order BT Basic. I have sent you a private message asking for some details to help us investigate this for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings