cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 2

BT Billing Problem (Direct Debit)

I currently have BT Halo2 Broadband & landline, BTTV Max HD & Extra Box, I pay quarterly for this, not by Direct Debit, I have a BT Savings card and every week put £20 onto it, so by the time our quarterly bill is due, everything is paid up in advance, with any extra paid over going onto the next bill.  So far so good.  Now, I need a new mobile phone, so looked up the offers from BT, picked one, £12 month with discounts for having broadband with them, and gave BT Customer Services a call, I explained about how I pay my bills, I realise the Mobile would be on Direct Debit, no problem, but could that be on a separate account from how I pay everything else. That's okay I was told, the order was put through and the mobile arrived today. Upon checking the My BT page and my billing, I noticed everything was now monthly and all by Direct Debit, which I told the advisor I did not want to happen (especially at the moment I am way in credit with them with the amount I have already paid in advance), this, I was told yesterday, would not happen, only the phone would be DD. Phoned up again today, spoke to someone else, who seemed a bit vague on everything to be honest, and told me to call back in 24 hours and everything should be sorted, Broadband etc back to our normal payments, phone on a separate account by DD. Why do I have the feeling this is going to rumble on for a lot longer, really beginning to wish I had never ordered the mobile now!!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Billing Problem (Direct Debit)

Hi @GarryJ sorry that the BT Mobile account was not set up on its own account as you wanted. If the service only went active today then I think they would not be able to make any changes until tomorrow. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to keep an eye on things for you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings