cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Broadband - How can a company be this bad?

Go to solution

How can it be possible for a company to be so bad? The last thing I want to do is bother to have to register on here as a keyboard warrior but I can't take this anymore, and have seen hundreds of examples of a similar thing regarding failed activation dates and failed orders.

I signed up for BT Broadband on 10th October with an activation date of 24th October. The day came and went, with no service and no notification that there was a problem. I rang up and was told I'd be passed to the infmaous 'Offline Team' who never contacted me. I ring again today and apparently there's a problem with my order and it needs to be cancelled and re-ordered, with my activation date another 2 weeks in future.

To add insult to injury, I would no longer recieve the £70 reward card I would have when I signed up, as well as the massive amount of extra expense I've incurred from data from my mobile. The worst thing is, I work from home twice a week and have been unable to get online at times, aswell as all of the hours spent on the phone.

Can SOMEONE please help to sort this out, or at least cancel so I can find a decent company that will follow through with their promises after my weeks of waiting?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Broadband - How can a company be this bad?

Go to solution

Hi @TKM28,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you've had with your order and for the delay connecting your services.  Are you any further forward with this since you posted?

If you are still having the same problem post back and let me know.  We can pick this up from here and help get this moving in the right direction.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your reply! I called again on Friday and was told to wait 48 hours while I was given someone to look after my case. 48 hours has passed and I haven't heard from anyone, I'd be delighted if you could help please 🙂

Will

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @TKM28,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been contacted back yet. We will help you here but please bear in mind that it can take us 1-2 working days before we can pick up your case.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @TKM28 thanks for taking my call this evening.

I am sorry for the delays in getting your broadband up and running. There's been a problem in getting the landline portion of your order fully closed off, which is why this hasn't gone through properly.

The connections team has been in contact with our suppliers to get this system issue cleared up, and they are due to check this again on Wednesday.

They are the team best placed the get the broadband added onto the account, so as discussed I will leave this with them.

Just to confirm as well that we will see about getting that rewards card sent out after everything is activated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for getting it sorted Stephanie. It would have been good to have recieved calls when I was told I would and be told consistent information in the first place so thanks for getting things tied up.

0 Ratings