cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRH94
Message 1 of 5

BT Broadband No Progress - Poor Customer Service

Go to solution
We have now attempted to purchase a broadband, TV and calls package from yourselves numerous times. Each time I get the same response, "Your details are not yet on the BT database". When asked for an update, we have not received any help. When asked for escalation, nothing has happened. We have been told each time that we have to redo our order. It should not be this hard to get good customer service, as stated in your company policy. We have moved into a new build and have now been there three weeks without any progress. We have asked for this to be escalated several times and had the same excuses repeated, with no compensation offered for the time you have wasted. We require the internet for our jobs therefore need it sorted ASAP. We are not happy with the level of customer service and will now be going with Sky as our provider. We cannot order via Sky yet, as your database has still not been updated with our new address. The customer service we have received from your company is poor and we will not be recommending you to anyone in the future. 

This needs to be sorted!

Kind regards,
Matthew Hughes
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Broadband No Progress - Poor Customer Service

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

They maintain the database, so that is the reason you cannot place an order. New bulids can take many months for the infrastructure to be completed by Opnreach, before the database can be updated, so prepare for a long wait.

If you wish to proceed with an order from BT Retail, then there is a team here that can chase Openreach for you.

If you go with Sky, then you will have to try and contact them to do the same. Not sure how you would go about that.

0 Ratings
MRH94
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
If this was communicated to us properly in the first place, we wouldn't have had to post/complain on here however thank you for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@MRH94 wrote:
If this was communicated to us properly in the first place, we wouldn't have had to post/complain on here however thank you for your help.

There are people here from BT Retail who can help you if you want to place an order for BT products. If you decide to do that, I can arrange for one of them to contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi MRH94,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had in getting your new address details updated. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings