Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
theriddlerz
Contributor
Message 411 of 586

Re: BT Broadband Usage Incorrect?

This has been happing for a long time with bt they have a yahoo ISP witch 10% of ur usage. Just go's to yahoo even if u don't use yahoo software but a lot more if u check email's and stuff and there is it windows update's witch if u look at ur update's or iplayer useage say 134mb for windows and 72mb for iplayer and ur phrom data(yahoo) and the 5 % loss coming down the bt line and anything else bt related like the btnetpro witch use's 45% more data that Mcafee.com and then there is bt desktop help witch bt say u don't have data usage for net pro and desktop help and as I noticed when any 1 log's onto Btfon or open Ozone that's when ur data hits the roof now bt fon and open zone isn't at my property. Because exchange has said SOS mate looks like bt retail isn't ur provider for line or bb and it got tested for of come and the tested showed that I have third party bb and line providers and of come have tryed to intervene as well as btwholesale and exchange to try let them no the score but bt retail still says no ur with us even low I can't get a billing account open with any other provider any ways bt fin doesn't work because the hub only work's as a bizness hub not res I'm ment to be on bt bb option 3 but I pay £34 on top to get unlimited wifi the btfon people have tryed everything they can't to try sort it and I'm on my own end user of mcafee as well when I use bt fon or open zone out side and I'm on the payed version not the In house product I use same stuff out side a part from Skype out doors as bt wifi blogs use age out doors I end up useing 10 gb for the 20 min so in cafe so I cheated to fon and exchange and they said yeah dames to be the same any where if some 1 else logs on we all get billed data by the sec I shood have all that usage with the time and he side that is wrong because there defo no way of doctoring that because software payed for by an other provider data usage table and even in house usage don't match bt.com online tables and he cood bt be live that online data@bt shows 10gb a day when there is only 200mb used on the desktop data table
0 Ratings
nickybunny
Beginner
Message 412 of 586

Well an update on my situation.

BT called me-thankfully was an english woman i could understand-unthankfully she was a patronising iidiot.

She asked me all the standards questions-was a smartphone plugged in-do i use games consoles-which i dont all i have is my laptop. She asked me how long i was online for a day. Well as soon as i said 12 hours-ish a day that was it! Of course you will use about 2 gb a day being online! you are online 12 hours a day.

FYI being online does not use 2 gb a day or 1 gba day IF YOU ONLY SIT & LOOK AT A PAGE!!!

If i was online playing a game yes probably-but as i told her over & over-i am sitting with facebook on my screen NOT DOING AnYTHING ELSE. Im prob away washing dishes-doing chores-other things that no1 need be concerned with.

I told her i have networx usage monitor that is giving me vastly different usage & i will send her screenshots.

But no she didnt want to hear that because i am online 12 hours a day.

So in the end i told her to stick it where the sun dont shine & id go elsewhere when my contract ran out-very soon yay.

Mysteriously enough-now my bt usage monitor & my networx monitor ALMOST tally daily & would you believe it! i only use on average 500-800mb a day! doing exactly what i was doing before!

This tells me that yes BT are robbing everyone blind & totally fabricating your bandwidth usage so they get more money out of you.

If they were honest they would admit something was wrong with their monitor if every other monitor out there was giving you different readings.

I will be looking for another provider when my contract runs out. £45 a month for **bleep** all is scandalous.

Not that is anything to do with this thread but thought id add it-i have a friend in finland & he is horrified about the internet situation here-in finland you get unlimited downloads however much you use the net or whoever you're with & it costs a fraction of what we pay here.

I hope everyone else can sort out their misfortunes with bt & move to someone far better.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 413 of 586

theriddlerz That is best bit of gibberish i have ever seen total nonsense
0 Ratings
gezstarling
Message 414 of 586

Yep,Im having excactly the same problem & dont know what 2 do about it,Im going with Sky broadband I think now,unlimited.**bleep** BT their **bleep**!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 415 of 586

@gezstarling if you post your exact problem you are having then we can help you
0 Ratings
sanandjezz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 416 of 586

I am reading your posts with great interest.  I joined BT Broadband on 15 March 2012 and exactly one week later, on 22 March, I received the email from BT saying that I had used over 7GB of of our 10GB monthly allowance on Option 1.

I immediately telephoned the Broadband support line to be told that this was the usage and that I could upgrade if I wished.  I told them that our usage should be nothing like they were suggesting - Monday this week we supposedly used nearly 2GB and during this particular day I was at work all day and my husband just used the internet for part of the day browsing, emails, Daily Mail etc plus very occasionally looking at YouTube but for no more than a couple of minutes at the most.

Prior to being with BT, I was with Virgin Media for over 7 years and, thinking that I could have possibly been on a larger usage with them than I had realised, I telephoned them yesterday for confirmation of what my usage limit per month actually was.  They confirmed that the usage limit I had was 8GB per month - 2GB less than I am supposedly getting with BT.  I should also like to add that during this time, not once in over 7 years did I ever exceed this usage, nor did I ever receive notification that I was nearing the 8GB limit.  Quite how then can BT say I have used almost 7.5GB in a week when we did not even use this a month with Virgin Media.  Oh, how I wish I had stayed with them, despite them putting the cost up from £7.50 that I was paying to £22.00 per month.

I would be very willing to join in any action taking this matter to OFCOM to investigate.  I am finding all but one of the customer representatives I have spoken to over the last few days most unhelpful in the extreme.

Last night someone from the Indian Technical Help team phoned and told us that there were no problems showing on our connection but we changed the wireless key anyway.  We are on a WPA2 connection (whatever that means).

0 Ratings
FieldEngineer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 417 of 586

Not going to read all the posts to many pages, but have you got any cloud based program running
0 Ratings
sanandjezz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 418 of 586

I don't even know what Cloud is, so no.

0 Ratings
goodflood
Message 419 of 586

Same here,... switched from AOL Broadband after being with them for 6 years. Was on 10 GB per month option. Never went over. Joined BT on 27 Feb. Usage now shows 18 GB. WTF?

Yes, I will support OFCOM or any other investigation into this.

0 Ratings
goodflood
Message 420 of 586

Same here,... switched from AOL Broadband after being with them for 6 years. Was on 10 GB per month option. Never went over. Joined BT on 27 Feb. Usage now shows 18 GB. WTF?

Yes, I will support OFCOM or any other investigation into this.
0 Ratings