cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njmartyn
Message 1 of 3

BT Broadband cancelled

i received a text from BT on the 21st Jan stating someone wanted to take over my telephone line. I called customer services and was told to ignore this message as it was due to them upgrading my line (so in effect the person taking over the line was me).

On the 4th Feb my broadband stopped working - engineer was sent & confirmed everything was fine and it must be an account issue.

after speaking to around 5 different people i'm told that BT have cancelled my broadband/fibre connection with BT wholesale by mistake and a case handler will be assigned to resolve it.

given assurances the case handler will call me at 11am on the 5th - nothing. I'm then told they'll call me at 2pm, nothing. then told they'll call me at 11am on the 6th - nothing. Now told they'll call me before 9pm today...... not hopeful.

anyone had a similar issue? how long did it take to get sorted? i work from home and its costing me £100 a day to travel into the office until its fixed.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Broadband cancelled

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Broadband cancelled

Hi @njmartyn

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your broadband service has been disconnected despite you taking the time to contact us to stop the takeover request.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll check exactly what happened.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings