Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boblocke
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Broadband renewal

Go to solution

Have received email to renew my broadband contract (Fibre 1) Alternative deals from Vodafone and Sky show much cheaper monthly rates but Vodafone with do it for a 10Mbps increase in speed. BT24 Mbps, Vodafone guarantee 35 Mbps from same exchange.  Why can't BT offer such speeds down the same line? Not worth staying with BT?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Broadband renewal

Go to solution

I can guarantee Vodafone can't offer you the higher speed on the same line. They haven't signed up to the voluntary broadband code of practice from Ofcom which means they don't have to give you full & correct information about speeds at peak times etc, what else are they not going to tell you about the service as well?

0 Ratings
boblocke
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I don't get the 24 Mbps that BT offer in their contract - best I get is around 18 Mbps. So why pay another £100a year to BT for also not getting the speeds shown?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@garybs29 

You need to remove the price comparisons, as its against forum rules to post them here. Thanks.

0 Ratings
boblocke
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

How do I get access to forum rules?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/BT-Community-User-Guidelines/td-p/1375043

Discussions going off topic The BTCare Community Forums are intended for the discussion of issues related to BT products and services. Please do not post material about competing services and products from other providers.  This includes making obvious references to other providers without actually naming them.

0 Ratings
boblocke
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks - fully understand and accept

0 Ratings