cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Broadband usage Monitor showing Zero usage!

Over the last three months or so, I have been keeping an eye on my Broadband usage, comparing the BT monitor with NetWorx brodband monitor, The results have been faily accurate with BT showing marginally higher figures.

Since the beginning of 2014, the BT monitor indicates a zero usage, which I know is not true, from my NetWorx readings.

I have tried looking at the BT monitor via my usual BT Yahoo log in and via the My BT log in, with the same results.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is it an effect of the changeover?

Best Wishes

Harry H. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Broadband usage Monitor showing Zero usage!

@HARRY-H wrote:

Over the last three months or so, I have been keeping an eye on my Broadband usage, comparing the BT monitor with NetWorx brodband monitor, The results have been faily accurate with BT showing marginally higher figures.

Since the beginning of 2014, the BT monitor indicates a zero usage, which I know is not true, from my NetWorx readings.

I have tried looking at the BT monitor via my usual BT Yahoo log in and via the My BT log in, with the same results.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is it an effect of the changeover?

Best Wishes

Harry H. 

Hi.

The monitor is working for me. Not sure what you mean about the changeover, that's to do with email access.

Does the following actually show both up and downloads as zero ? :-

https://www.bt.com/broadbandusagemonitor

HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Hi Andy. Thanks for your response.

Yes. the changover is about the email access only. Silly me!!

I have just tried the link on your post and I still get the same result, showing uploads, downloads and total as Zero.

It is very strange after a long period of no problems with the usage monitor.

Hopefully, it will get sorted sooner or later.

Best Wishes Harry H

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

If you're having to monitor your broadband usage, a sickly monitor might be a bonus as BT have promised that anyone exceeding their limit without working access to the monitor won't be charged.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

@pottyperson wrote:

If you're having to monitor your broadband usage, a sickly monitor might be a bonus as BT have promised that anyone exceeding their limit without working access to the monitor won't be charged.

I do not think this is necessarily true.  

There are two problems at the moment.

1. People receiving the error message that the monitor is unavailable to a small number of customers and they will not be charged for exceeding their allowance.

2. People receiving the error message that the monitor is undergoing maintenance  that are given no indication that they will not be charged.  Because the monitor is NOT undergoing maintenance it is likely they will be charged unless they are able to prove to BT that they have this problem.

0 Ratings
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Hi Pottyperson. Thanks for your reply.

Would BT accept Screenshots of the Monitor at Zero and usage evidence from Networx?

I do not want any nasty surprises when the monitor kicks back in.

Best Wishes Harold H.

0 Ratings
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Hi. Thanks for response.

I do not get any error or maintenace messages, just the monitor frozen at Zero (Ignoring a possible pun).

I don't mind paying, as long as I can see what I would be charged for.

If this continues, will it be necessary for me to speak to BT, or will a moderator pick it up, if I post again.

Best Wishes

Harold H

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

@HARRY-H wrote:

Hi Pottyperson. Thanks for your reply.

Would BT accept Screenshots of the Monitor at Zero and usage evidence from Networx?

I do not want any nasty surprises when the monitor kicks back in.

Best Wishes Harold H.

Screenshots of the monitor i would expect to be acceptable but evidence from Networx may not be.  Home Hub usage data is more acceptable.  I would suggest that you report your problem NOW to BT using this link to lay down a marker in case the situation does not improve.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5627,5629

HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Thank you for your reply, Vofsanity.

I have followed the link, on your post and reported the problem and received the automated Problem reference number.

Sod's law says that the monitor will kick back into life again tomorrowSmiley Frustrated

Oh! I have just had a thought! I had been with BT exactly 12 months on 27th December 2013! Are they giving me an anniversary present? Well! a guy can dream can't heSmiley LOL

I will keep you posted

Best Wishes

Harry H

0 Ratings
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Further to your suggestion of officially reporting the usage monitor problem;

This morning, I received a failry lengthly email from the BB Technical Help Desk.

It cited the cause of the problem to a current outage with the BT Broadband monitor, which the BT Egineers are looking at urgently. This would suggest that other users are experiencing the same problem.

The email also gave me their appraisal of my recent usage which is 0.2 Gb.

I have just tried the monitor again and I now get the message that it is undergoing maintenance so, it looks like the engineers are sorting it.

I though that it would be worth letting you know, just in case other users are wondering waht is happening.

Thank you for afor your help in this matter.

Harry H

0 Ratings