Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frustrated2016
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT CAN'T FIND ME !

I have sky fibre - through a BT landline - piggybacking on BT 

Want to move to BT- BT can't find me and want me to pay £50 to have a line fitted! i have a line, i have fibre, my neighbours have fibre.... do BT help? no they pass me back and foward from sky to them... frustrated! anyone else had this problem? how was it solved?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT CAN'T FIND ME !

BT Retail cannot take over an existing fibre connection. The existing connection has to be ceased, and the port in the cabinet freed for the next order, which could be from any provider that uses the Openreach network.

If you have a BT Retail phone line, in order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
frustrated2016
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Thank you for replying. This isnt what sky & bt say. Sky say bt can take my services. Bt & the broadband visibilty check say i cant have fibre. Yet they agree that this us a fault as my neighbours can have it & i have it via sky. Tgey havent told me hiw to move forward & rectify this apart frim payjng £50 to have a phone line fitted when i already have one
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

can you please post the checker results Keith has asked for as this will help us to try and resolve your problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

Does the broadband checker say that there is no fibre, or that you can't have it because the cabinet's full?

There is an issue with the system in that it will not allow you to order if it knows the cabinet is full.  You could cancel your existing broadband and then try re-applying, but beware as there is a serious risk that someone else will get the newly freed-up line first.  That would leave you with no fibre service at all.

0 Ratings
frustrated2016
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

It's says there is no data for this line , this could be because it's not a bit line, it is, or it's a new line, it isn't. 

0 Ratings
frustrated2016
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

It just says the services are not available but I know they are

0 Ratings
frustrated2016
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

It says we are sorry one or more of these products is unavailable but if I put my telephone number & postcode in and select by neighbours house number it works...so ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

do you pay BT for your line rental
0 Ratings
frustrated2016
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

No . We pay via Sky. But this is a new build and they all have by open reach boxes. 

0 Ratings