cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT Cooling off period?

After some advice here guys.  Basically, I did a home move last month, I got quoted £31.99 for Infinity 1 and weekend calls for 12 months.  For some unknown reason, the order got cancelled a couple of days later.  They went to put the order through again but could only do it as a new customer and for the more expensive price of £34.99 however they would apply a credit of £40+ to my first bill taking the price to £31.99 for 12 months.

Now the credit was never applied and no notes left and no one seems to conveniently no anything.  So my broadband was activated 7 days ago, am I still within my cooling off period to cancel?  It's the principle of the thing really.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cooling off period?

Your 14-day cooling-off period starts from when your order was accepted - see

BT Broadband service terms

12.You have a general right to change your mind and cancel the 
service within the first 14 days from the day after the day
we accept your order.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Right OK so I can't cancel however I notice a price increase in January surly this will let me out?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@dj1891 wrote:

Right OK so I can't cancel however I notice a price increase in January surly this will let me out?

Only if you were not told about any forthcoming price rise when you signed up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

No I wasn't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You will need to wait and see if your contracted price is actually going up. If it does you have 30 days after you have been notified to tell BT that you want to leave because of the rise. You must specify that is the reason when you contact them.

0 Ratings