cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

BT Duplicated & CANCELLED new order? Quidco avoidance tactic?

Hello BT Mods, 

I'll keep this fairly short and sweet, primarily because another user (yato) has been through this exact issue last year. Thankfully successfully it seems. 

I took you up on your excellent Black Friday offer for Fibre, left my long term contract with Sky in order to do so and when ordering also took you up on BT Sport, HD upgrade, and BT Mobile SIM for good measure. A very happy customer. Oh, and I could book through Quidco for a whopping £170 cashback on top of the BT Reward card and vouchers. Happy days. 

This was back on 28th Nov, and I was expecting my broadband to be active on 20th Dec. 

Just popped on to the website today to check everything was in order and shocked to see I had 2 pending orders (with diffrerent references) BOTH of which had "cancelled" broadband orders but with BT Sport / BT Mobile active (I did wonder why I received 2 BT Mobile SIMs in the post).

Called up to check, and indeed was told the "system" has duplicated and cancelled my broadband/talk order, and I'd have to re-order and WAIT even longer for activation. I mentioned Quidco and they said that it was done by an external company and I'd have to go back online and re-order. Given that the Quidco cashback in contingent on buying things as a PACKAGE, the cynic in me wonders if this is an intentional "system error" to prevent having to pay out Quidco cashback - especially as it seems to be a common occurence having scanned this forums. 

So, BT. My triumphant comeback to your services after many years has been somewhat tarnished, here's what I need you to do please bearing mind I didn't cancel or duplicate the order myself - your "system" did : - 

1) Get my line/ fibre order re-instated and activated ASAP. I've already waited 2 weeks and now I'm back to square one it seems. A 3-4 day wait for your "offline" team is not acceptable. 

2) Reinstate the order in full on my original reference number so there are no issues in claiming and paying the Quidco cashback. I can provide the reference to whomever picks this up. 

Ok, maybe not so short and sweet - but please take this seriously. I'm not asking for extra compensation here - just for the terms in which I entered into the agreement to be met. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: BT Duplicated & CANCELLED new order? Quidco avoidance tactic?

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Hi @Psychologica and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had problems with the order. I'm sure I can find out what's happening with this. Can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 26

Many thanks DavidM, have sent the details over through the form online. Looking forward to hearing back from you with a resolution. Cheers,
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Also just seen that the phone line activation is still happening - but on the second (duplicated order) - broadband is cancelled for both.

What a mess.
0 Ratings
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Can you ask someone to call me please David? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Hi @Psychologica,

I gave you mobile a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. Please can you let me know what would be the best time to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Hi Paddy, only rang for a second before cutting off. Please do try again - I'm free. 

0 Ratings
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Happy with email communication if you're unable to get through. Conscious the line is due to activate in 6 days which will cut off my current broadband provider.... such a headache for what should be a simple order.
0 Ratings
Psychologica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Morning Paddy, You mentioned you would you call today. Can I ask you do so on my work number (starting 0203) as there are a few concerns I have that need discussing. Cheers, Matt
0 Ratings