cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Woowoo99
Message 1 of 4

BT Engineer Failed to Arrive

Bt engineer was booked in to install our broadband between 8am and 1pm today. Didn't arrive. My husband called BT who said that they were running 40 minutes late. Over 2 hours later and having spoken to at least 4 different members of the customer service team my husband was then told that the engineer had run out of time for the morning jobs so "sent them back" and moved onto the afternoon jobs. We may be able to get a new appointment for Saturday or it may be even later. My husband runs a website so cannot work without internet. We also have 2 very young children who have had to spend the day indoors missing their activities because my husband needed to wait for BT. 

On top of this we had already spent 3-4 hours on the phone sorting out our home move which BT managed to spectacularly mess up and every time you speak to customer services you are given different information which is then subsequently either not acted on or found to be incorrect! 

The most annoying thing is that we had the Sky engineer round to install our TV today and he could have sorted the broadband as well but we told him "dont worry BT are coming today". Unsuprisingly he laughed at our optimism!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Engineer Failed to Arrive

was your install for infinity or standard broadband if it was infinity the sky engineer would not have been able to do it as they do not have access to the street cabinets only Openreach have that
0 Ratings
Woowoo99
Message 3 of 4

I mean that if we had gone with Sky instead of BT it would all be done and dusted by now as the Sky engineer would have been able to do everything. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Openreach still do the install for sky sky's engineers cannot deal with the phone / broadband network

standard broadband does not require an engineer visit however infinity (fibre) does which broadband service did you order
0 Ratings