cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT FTTC plus CityFibre FTTP

If you have FTTC with BT with a telephone number , and you want to keep  FTTC , why are you even trying to port  the phone to your FTTP provider  ?, if you are not trying to port  the phone number , then as far as VF are concerned, you may as well have no existing service , as it’s irrelevant to them if you have BT , or Virgin or anyone else , it’s only porting the number that needs any inter network coordination at all.

If you did indicate that you wanted  to move the phone service from BT to VF , because you cannot have BT  FTTC without a phone service ( it can be done now but not retrospectively ) porting the number will cease your BT FTTC service.

Message 12 of 19

@Brian0I'm in the same position - I have BT FTTP (no land line) from a pole in the garden and I want a second line with Fibre900 from Vodafone as City Fibre have now cabled the street.

Did you manage to revert your cancellation and have both BT and Vodafone FTTP?

Vodafone appear confident it's possible so long as the Vodafone order is placed as a 2nd line order with a new land line number (i.e. no porting of an existing land line number).

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

If you order with an ISP that is going to use the City Fibre network , then the fact you have BT FTTP is irrelevant, provided the ISP selects the CF network, ( if they use both ) it’s got  nothing to do with BT or Openreach 

Message 14 of 19

I couldn't get BT and Vodafone to agree what was going to be done, so I cancelled the Vodafone request.

I am now back to just the BT (75mb) broadband and BT phone line.

Just to rub salt into the wound, a couple of weeks later BT moved my phone line to "virtual voice", which, due to their incompetence, left me without a phone line for 2 weeks.  It also meant I had to have their crappy new hub which won't allow separation of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, meaning that I have to disable the 5GHz network whenever one of the 2.4 bits of kit needs to reconnect.

Why am I still with BT?  10 years of having the same (.btinternet) email address.

Message 15 of 19

@iniltousthanks, I'm just a little concerned (probably needlessly) Vodafone stills generates a cancellation even although it will be a new 2nd line as there is no land line number to retain and that it's a completely different infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@Brian0  Thanks for the reply. Was it easy enough to revert the cancellation of your BT broadband service before it took place?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

@Brian0wrote:

I couldn't get BT and Vodafone to agree what was going to be done, so I cancelled the Vodafone request.

I am now back to just the BT (75mb) broadband and BT phone line.

Just to rub salt into the wound, a couple of weeks later BT moved my phone line to "virtual voice", which, due to their incompetence, left me without a phone line for 2 weeks.  It also meant I had to have their crappy new hub which won't allow separation of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, meaning that I have to disable the 5GHz network whenever one of the 2.4 bits of kit needs to reconnect.

Why am I still with BT?  10 years of having the same (.btinternet) email address.

Vodafone were the ones in the wrong on the order, if they are offering FTTP via cityfibre they have no need to take over the existing line, takeovers are all gaining provider led so BT could make no changes to it

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Sort of...  Vodafone cancelled the takeover, but I kept getting "Sorry you are leaving"  messages from BT.  BTs helpline advice was just to ignore them, and to be fair, the changeover didn't happen.  Doesn't do your stress levels any good though.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

If you get a sorry to see you leave communication from BT then it’s pretty clear that VF raised an order on the OR network, via BT Wholesale  ( the ordering system that all OR based providers use )  , if VF had raised the order on the City Fibre ordering system ( which wouldn’t be supplied by BTW ) then you wouldn’t get any notification from BT , because that CF order wouldn’t involve  BT Wholesale , OR or BT.

The fact you did get a ‘sorry to see you leave’   suggests that the VF customer service is hopeless and said they would use CF network for your service, but didn’t use CF ordering systems they  used the BTw one , or perhaps VF on  CF is not  available in your area , VF over CF isn’t available in every area that has CF Infrastructure , availability varies by area , obviously this is still a VF customer service error if they say you can have VF on CF but you cannot.

0 Ratings