cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT FTTP and how BT Lies and how BAD they treat customers

I have been a BT customer for years and in 17th Jan 22 i ordered FTTP (there was no sign of any offers on BT website I  knew it was avalable on the wholesale webpage) so i was probably one of the first to order this i had a install date of the 4Th Feb 22 all the equipment came a couple of days before BUT guess what NO ONE CAME so i rang and was told no one is coming as openreach had not even done anything about it. So the guy who i spoke to said oh theres a problem with the wiring that they had not long installed from the exchange they have said that it will take 20 days to look into this problem "I WILL PHONE YOU ON THE  4th) and dont worry as this is our fault you will be receiving £5+ a day compensation. 

So here we are today 24th by 4pm NO phone call so i have to ring them i explain the situation and told no someone is going to tomorrow but let me find out whats going on so he puts me on hold gets in touch with the exchange comes back and guess what "OH SORRY YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 10TH OF MARCH" as there is NO SPACE the capacity is full and they have to sort out more and they dont know when that will be. WHAT!!!!! now fibre is avalable EVERYWHERE and there installing others before me ! oh and i did ask "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE" is NOT a thing with BT/OPENREACH they are happy to keep there customers waiting while they install the NEAREST and EASYEST FIRST!!!!. SO what am i to do stay with a company who treats there customers with so much disrespect that i could be waiting MONTHS or go somewhere else who my actually chase openreach up if things are not done and as for that £5 a day compensation you guessed it IT WAS A LIE TOO!!!!!!

So it looks like i will be going somewhere else i just wish after my mother died last year i had NEVER convinced my father and help him move to BT as you treated him like **bleep** too

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT FTTP and how BT Lies and how BAD they treat customers

The £5.04 per day is not a lie...it is defined by Ofcom, so you are entitled to get that back from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Something about openreach not verifiying or something like that  so he said that its not going to aparently

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

BT is your provider, not Openreach. I would argue the third line applies.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 20.21.40.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for that information obviously i am just going on info that I was given this afternoon I should be getting a phone call back tomorrow afternoon from the original person that told me this so will ask him again tomorrow thank you (hopefully they ring)

the rest still stands

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Autotomatic compensation is paid from the day after your email from BT said the service would go live, it's not from an appointment as some are 2 stage installs.

If you have an email stating your FTTP service will start on xx/xx/xxxx and that never happened, you're entitled to automatic compensation, from your replies you stated the order never reached suppliers, which means no commitment date was given and automatic compensation won't apply.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Well the according to what i have been told the order has reached by openreach but this is what my order says

The yellow bit on top has been there since the 4th Feb when i was told there is a fault on the lineThe yellow bit on top has been there since the 4th Feb when i was told there is a fault on the linebt2.gifbt3.gif

0 Ratings