cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russell_0958
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Failed and this is our punishment

As my Daughters account manager and her moving into she was within the first 4 people physically move into this new build section development of approx. 50 homes if that ..... Being one of the first occupants to this newly released section of 12 properties . We made the order for 3rd time and day of moving in on 30 Sept (As we were told “let us know when you move in”) we were subject to a delay as this is fibre to the house and was not 100% activated we were told and accepted this connection date of the 8th? October .

First sign of trouble was because this is fibre to property new modem was needed it to was to arrive on the 8th and internet would be active by midnight on 8th........ Modem didn't arrive on Monday 11th I was informed by Bt customer services that new modem would arrive on the Tuesday {Next day} as it was only dispatched on the Friday because my Daughters direct debit had been cancelled but not to worry all was sorted and internet was active ... Phone line would take til the coming Friday to activate .. but I was guaranteed that just plug in modem everything will work....

The Modem arrived on the Tuesday it didn't work after many calls why and on the following  Monday We were promised faithfully she would receive a 4g unlimited Mini hub to keep her on line but could we wait till the following day when the engineers report would be in... The following day the engineers report showed that the line was actually connected to a property that was in the final throws of construction and we were  informed  that although the direct debit bill had increased from £20.99 per month to £49.99 per month superfast fibre deal we were not spending enough for the 4g unlimited mini hub we were promised and at their discretion refused to send it out as the line was connected and active SO NO FAULT PER SAY................  It then took another 4 weeks for bt open reach to decide to cut this connection and reconnect (This appears not to have happened)to my Daughters house but not before some asking when did you move to other unfinished property I mentioned before from the new address she actually just moved into....... several promises and a guaranteed 21st October guarantee no later date all came and went.......... this month November alone we have had 7 failed promises of "you’ll be connected  no later than 48 hrs you’ve been mucked about so much "......... on the 23rd Nov a Saturday I had to Stay on line while the agent made sure order was accepted for connection by Midnight Monday 25th November it never happened on Tuesday 26th someone tried to sell my Daughter who phoned to enquire what had happened yet again A package that was half as dear again and 6 months longer because her deal was  not active and it had to be redone plus she was to return modem she had........ After a tearful explanation... As account manager I phoned BT and Lyn who answered said she couldn't believe the problems until she'd seen on screen how bad a journey we had and I again was promised that it would be active within 48hrs and she would phone me personally on the Wednesday to confirm it would be active by midnight and discuss compensation........ To be fair she did call back confirmed connection was being dealt with and would be active in no time certainly “by the time your up Thursday morning as we’ve got until midnight”  and promptly got off phone and Nothing else was talked about..........

Thursday 28th November  56 days after order taken and connection mixed up (minor issue on new builds) as it was described My self and Daughter are now informed that there has been at least 6 or 7 cancelled orders on her account every one with a different phone number but because she's so late in requesting a line there is a capacity issue and there is No more space to connect her pending order and it will be middle of December she'll need to wait till when there is a review scheduled for the next course of action........

You could not makeup this imbecilic chain of events.....

As I said I'm account Manager for my Daughter and as pointed out and mentioned in every conversation with BT and allegedly a note being put on her account That she Has a DISABILITY and tends to rely on her internet quite a bit to fulfil house hold duties i.e. Shopping and Delivery...... Compensation ..A Good will gestures have been made In the form of credit on her account to cover the cost of what she's spent on extra data goodie bags in meantime plus after my insistence it went back to her bank and not credit on her account the moneys that were taken for internet and phone she has never Had  nor Has............

It’s not good enough she had an order a connection all be it to wrong property and  now through their incompetence there is a Capacity issue and it’s herFAULT and no doubt this is Karma for her to wait and see.....

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Failed and this is our punishment

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Delays on new build properties are very common, and it often caused by poor liaison between the developers and Openreach.

What sort of connection are you expecting, as you mentioned a modem?

0 Ratings
Russell_0958
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Failed and this is our punishment

We are expecting to be connected with fibre to the property (Brosdband & phone) as promised which turned out having been connected to the wrong property .......... 3 engineer visits  over a month to be told this each time...  However the 3rd engineer said "I can switch this off and reconnect you within no time today" this was IIRC at the end of october .... But he was refused and told to disconect and we'll raise a new order by the agent and it'll be reconnected within 48hrs........... This is apparently what's transpired our line was disconected from incorrect property but never reconected with us.......... We were told " just give us a call if you need to know anything about your order" ........ after running around the Mullbery bush of several excuses as to why it's not BT's fault That I refuted..... Even though it's accepted that not once did we ever get an email (How? we don't have broadband or phoneline) Apparently it was also meant to be  sent to our mobiles email

The final nail in the coffin here is that it's not BT's fault but told" you kept phoning the morning after internet did not activate and (although told nothing) you must have been given an update and had that operator take ownership of your problem have them cancel your order and raise a new one which put you back to square one in que" and your current order is dated 28th Nov but we will have a review in middle of December to see how we're getting on as threre is a capacity issue now and no space left...... you were late in ordering .......{We are not guaranteed a broadband connection even then)

Even on  the 29TH  Nov the person explaining this wanted to cancel what's classed as a pending order as it wasn't connected because of Capacity issues (Obviously to continue the exacerbation of this and continue to put us further back)

This is AN INCOMPETENCE ISSUE ......... Breach of Contract ........ Nothing more..........

0 Ratings