cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Full Fibre installation|HOW!!?||

Just got the email that full fibre is available at my area and address and that I need to book an appointment to have a new master socket installed!

But I can't find for the life of me how to do so or where to book I've looked on every single page and FAQ but literally nothing they make it seem impossible to find and do nor is anything user friendly and I work in damn networking it's ridiculous.

So I'm asking if anyone has any kinda idea or path you could push me to so I can make the most out of the nearly 70 I spend to have already sub par internet I was banking on this full Fibre to get the most of it

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Edit: I'm getting mixed results from BTS website too when I check if it's actually in the are one moment it says it is then a refresh and it isn't it went back and forth like this for a bit I'm so confused.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Full Fibre installation|HOW!!?||

@Jakku 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume you are an existing BT Retail customer, as you are posting on a BT forum?

Use the address checker for your address, on the link below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Full fibre does not use a master socket.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

You just place an order / sign a contract for a full fibre service.

Engineers then install the new ONT (as the 'socket' is now known) when they come to install the fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe - I don't understand why you moved this one to Bills & Packages. It is clearly a technical question about how BT Fibre gets installed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

New broadband package, trying to place an order for full fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Jakku 

First check that full fibre is actually available at your address, using the link that I provided. I should show FTTP (not FTTP on demand), and also how many stages are involved.

Its not unknown for people to be told that its available in the area, but it turns out that its not actually available at their address.

Once you have confirmed that its available, then place an order, for full fibre, as an existing customer. At the end of the order you should be given a selection of dates for an Openreach technician, or one of their contractors, to install the service.

This is what to expect on the day of your installation, provided there is no delay to your order.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist

0 Ratings