Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukecoleman8
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT HALO Upgrade

Hi,

Back in July I was sent an email explaining I’d be “soon” automatically upgraded to BT Halo 1. This still hasn’t happened as far as I can see from my account. I got in touch with customer services yesterday  particularly because I’m also looking at adding a Sim card to my account and with the benefits of Halo I receive a discount and extra data. The first person I spoke to apologised and confirmed that it hadn’t been actioned and explained he would put me through to the loyalty team who could action it. However upon getting through to the “ loyalty team” the advisor said there was nothing he could do and wasn’t overly helpful as a result. He suggested I posted within these forums. 

I’ve attached the email of the original comms , which do also confirm there was nothing I needed to do and the change over would happen automatically.

We wanted to let you know that we will soon be adding BT Halo 1 to your existing package for no extra cost. So now, at a time when reliability and speed are more important than ever, you can enjoy our most comprehensive connection inside and out. And keep paying the same price.

New and exclusive benefits

Keep Connected Promise. Stay online if you move or have a fault with a 4G Mini Hub.
Our Price Promise. Your bill won’t go up when your contract ends.
Double mobile data. For everyone in your home on BT mobile on 4G and now 5G.

There’s no extra cost and no new contract. So there’s no need for you to do anything but enjoy your great new BT Halo 1 benefits. We’ll contact you again to confirm when we’ve added BT Halo 1 to your package and account.

Thanks,
The BT team”

Look forward to a reply 
Thanks In Advance 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT HALO Upgrade

try phoning options team and see if they can help you get it sorted out and maybe help with mobile as well 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lukecoleman8
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the suggestion, I did try that but just like my call previous they were unable to add it to my account as per the email and only offered the upgrade to Halo 1 on a paid for basis.

Seems really quite unfair considering the email explicitly states that I didn’t need to do anything and the upgrade would automatically be actioned in due course. It would be especially useful for me now as I’m considering adding on a data sim to my account. 

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

I know it doesn't help, but .......

I took the offer, and had a new Halo 1 modem, back in july. 3 weeks ago i had an offer to update to Halo 2, at the same price as before. i accepted, and got a new Halo 2 modem, which is differnt to the halo 1 one. I am fuly working on halo 2.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Lukecoleman8
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

It’s just really frustrating, as I said I’m happy to add more connections onto my account but the support over the phone has been next to non existent. Keep getting passed onto different departments & on my third attempt of trying the call dropped so I’m all out of luck. Would really appreciate someone reaching out on here to get this resolved 

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

have you gone to their main log in page, logged in and viewed any offers available to you - you may have the Halo 2 upgrade ( for free / at the same current price you pay). https://my.bt.com

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Lukecoleman8
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Again thanks for suggestion but all the “upgrades” to halo are showing as an increase on price which contradicts the comms I was sent. 

0 Ratings