cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDavies
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT HUB flashing purple

We are in the process of moving house and was supposed to have moved in last week, but the internet is still not working and I cannot move in unless this works as need it for my job ( I work for the NHS) and need to be able to access my work computer.

We have moved the BT hub 2 and phone into the new house and the phone is working fine, but the hub is still flashing purple.

I have phoned BT several times, but have to stay on hold for hours and am still not getting anywhere. They say the line is working fine, so not sure what the problem is.

BT have provided me with a mini Halo hub, so am connected in my old house, but need it to work in my new house.

We were advised by BT that we needed to use an ASDL filter to plug the phone and hub into, which we have done, but hub still flashing purple.

We have a master socket with one connection, so even unscrewed the front panel and plugged the broadband cable into the test socket, but internet still did not work.

I am getting desperate now as really want to move in before xmas, otherwise we will have to stay in a half empty house full of boxes rather than my nice new home!

Please I would appreciate any advice 🙂

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT HUB flashing purple

What package are you getting ?

are there any other sockets in your new home?

when was your activation date?  Have you checked the phone number is correct by dialling 17070 and should hear your number repeated 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CDavies
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Activation day should have been Monday 14th December.

We previously had Fibre 2 package, but it is not available at new house, so BT changed us to Broadband unlimited with halo 1.

We had the house rewired and electrician put new cabling into house from original connection box above front door, he has run cable to the main socket and then Ethernet cable all through house too, so we can plug computers in different rooms, also he has put some sort of device on the ceiling in hall to help boost Wi-Fi signal?? But he said he would come back and programme that once internet working.

there is only one main by socket which I have the phone and hub plugged into via ASDL filter.

The phone is working and I  can dial out, I rang 17070 and it gave me the correct number.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

If you had all that work done did you jot get a filtered master socket installed

which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CDavies
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

We have socket one.

We did wonder why he hadn't installed a filtered master socket and intend asking him to come and replace it.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

If you have master no 1 have you tried removing the bottom half exposing the test socket and then connect your filter and see if the hub can connect. Any other sockets should now no longer have a dial tone

0 Ratings
CDavies
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Yes we have tried that yesterday but without success, goes green for 1 minute, then changes back to flashing purple.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

dId you also check when in test socket that there was no dial tone at any extension socket?

0 Ratings
CDavies
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I`m back in my old house this evening so  will go to new house tomorrow evening and try again and let you I know.

Thank you to be!ping me, much appreciated.

0 Ratings