Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT Halo 1 price promise

Go to solution

I'm currently on the FIbre 250 plan paying £60 for 300mb a month.

As part of BT Halo 1 it says "Your bill won’t go up when your contract ends and you’ll never pay more than a new customer." The new fibre plans are cheaper for new customers and for higher speed,  Fibre 500 for 500mb is only £58.

I'd of been happy to upgrade to Fibre 900 but for some reason, BT fibre checker now says I can't get any sort of fibre in my area. I checked last week and I was able to but now it's disappeared. I rang up and they say the same, even though I'm on fibre 250 I can't get fibre anymore. very strange.

Because of this Halo 1 promise, does this mean i'm due a contract decrease because of the new cheaper options? Or has anyone experienced the weird fibre disappear in their area? I'm sure if I wait a bit it'll pop back up?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Halo 1 price promise

Go to solution

There are several threads about Fibre 900 etc being removed and BT staff not being able to see it on their systems.

In theory you should get the lower price when your contract ends but it probably hasn't been tested by a customer reaching that point yet. Also there is no indication of what sort of contract you end up on, is it a rolling monthly one.
Bear in mind you get the lower price if it applies to the Fibre 250 plan - a 500 or 900 price isn't relevant.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Also bear in mind the halo price promise means for halo packages, the new fibre options on the website don't include halo so you won't automatically get a price drop

0 Ratings
sparkymark75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I'm on the same package as you and paying the same price. My contract expired last month but I was waiting on the new speeds before calling. I'm also having the same issue of not being able to upgrade. The person I spoke to did make me an offer of keeping my existing package for £45pm.

0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks, good to know! My contract is up September-ish but wanted to upgrade early.

Looks they've got issues or they've temporarily paused the rollout of Fibre for the current situation 🙂

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Openreach paused home visits

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/03/covid-19-openreach-stop-uk-broadband-isp-and-phone-wor...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

I don't think an upgrade from fibre 250 upwards for me would need an engineer's visit. I'm in a new build house and my router says 'Wan speed: 1000 Mbps' , so think they'd just need to flick it on their end to increase the speed (easier said than done I'm sure) 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Your WAN speed is between the ONT and hub, everyone on FTTP has that. Many have tried to upgrade but been told its not possible.

0 Ratings
sparkymark75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Forgot to say. To get that price, I would have to sign up to a new 24 month contract.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@sparkymark75wrote:

Forgot to say. To get that price, I would have to sign up to a new 24 month contract.

I wonder what would happen if you didn't re-contract and went onto a rolling monthly contract , you should still be charged the same price because all the blurb about Halo states no increase after the initial contract ends.

0 Ratings